MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence. Software Group Lead (Real Time Embedded Software) - Stevenage (R09445)Salary:
circa £75,000 (doe) + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern:
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The Opportunity!
Would you like to head up and grow a group that develops software at the heart of some of the world's most sophisticated defence systems?
This role will give you the opportunity to shape, support and develop a team of software engineers working on several different Embedded / Real Time Software projects. The team specify, design, build, test and deliver the software that transforms a collection of electronic and mechanical parts into a highly capable missile system.
Our teams develop for many different subsystems such as Radars, Sensors, Datalinks, Telemetry Systems, Servos, Flight Computers and Launchers.
What we're looking for from you
- Engineering is at heart of our business; there is opportunity to both develop your core leadership skills, and gain a wider experience of complex embedded systems.
- Working alongside a multidiscipline engineering team, you will be a key part of a supportive and growing software engineering team as your career expands with us.
- MBDA is committed to upskilling people through both formal training and practical experience.
- We are a friendly, highly capable team, producing software that makes a difference.
- The Real Time / Embedded software department is a multi-disciplined team of over 100 people, working on a diverse range of products that use some really exciting technologies.
What to expect!
- If you have experience leading a team in an advanced technologicalenvironment, and a background in software development, then we would like to talk to you.
- Experience in defence is not required, and indeed many of our people joined us from automotive, aerospace and consumer electronics.
- The most important thing we look for is the ability to lead and encourage others; passionate about people - and keen to get to know your team and understand what motivates them.
- Good organisational skills and experience in steering the development of products from an initial concept on a whiteboard through to delivery will help you stand out.
- You should be able to discuss the benefits of key software practices like unit testing and good design, as well as the advantages of concepts such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery within a modern software development environment.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.