Software Group Lead (Real Time Embedded Software)
- Closing date
- 22 Aug 2022
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Software Group Lead (Real Time Embedded Software) - Stevenage (R09445)
Salary:circa £75,000 (doe) + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Would you like to head up and grow a group that develops software at the heart of some of the world's most sophisticated defence systems?
This role will give you the opportunity to shape, support and develop a team of software engineers working on several different Embedded / Real Time Software projects. The team specify, design, build, test and deliver the software that transforms a collection of electronic and mechanical parts into a highly capable missile system.
Our teams develop for many different subsystems such as Radars, Sensors, Datalinks, Telemetry Systems, Servos, Flight Computers and Launchers.
- Engineering is at heart of our business; there is opportunity to both develop your core leadership skills, and gain a wider experience of complex embedded systems.
- Working alongside a multidiscipline engineering team, you will be a key part of a supportive and growing software engineering team as your career expands with us.
- MBDA is committed to upskilling people through both formal training and practical experience.
- We are a friendly, highly capable team, producing software that makes a difference.
- The Real Time / Embedded software department is a multi-disciplined team of over 100 people, working on a diverse range of products that use some really exciting technologies.
What we're looking for from you
- If you have experience leading a team in an advanced technologicalenvironment, and a background in software development, then we would like to talk to you.
- Experience in defence is not required, and indeed many of our people joined us from automotive, aerospace and consumer electronics.
- The most important thing we look for is the ability to lead and encourage others; passionate about people - and keen to get to know your team and understand what motivates them.
- Good organisational skills and experience in steering the development of products from an initial concept on a whiteboard through to delivery will help you stand out.
- You should be able to discuss the benefits of key software practices like unit testing and good design, as well as the advantages of concepts such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery within a modern software development environment.
What to expect!
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert