Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Up to £50k DOE + bonus + excellent benefitsWhere possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The Opportunity
MBDA has a fantastic opportunity for a Cable / Harness Specialist Engineer to work within our growing Interconnects team.
Using your expertise, you will undertake a full range of activities; no two days are the same. You will be providing advice and guidance to the team and our customers on electrical interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data within and between subsystems in our products.
As the Specialist Engineer, you will maintain your expertise in areas and ensure that it is effectively passed to others, including participating in design reviews, process updates, training and other development activities, as appropriate, enabling MBDA to maintain its capability.
You will also support and lead continuous improvement initiatives, helping define best practice and manage the adoption and adherence of agreed methodologies across the teams on an international scale.What we're looking for
- Knowledge and experience in cable/harness design
- Ideally HNC,HND, apprentice trained or Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering
- Strong communication skills to facilitate regular face to face and electronic communications with all relevant stakeholders
- The ability to write clear and concise engineering documentation
- Strong working knowledge of industry standards and experience of demonstrating compliance to them
- Can lead technical task forces for issues relating to cable harnesses and associated components through to resolution
Due to the nature of our work, experience of Military Defence Standards and a working knowledge of Mil-Aero connectors in support of cable harness manufacture is highly desirable.What's in it for you?
- A unique opportunity to develop and broaden both technical and leadership skills within a growing company.
- Exposure to all projects and products.
- The opportunity to work with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment.
- The chance to grow and advance your career.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a great team!
The Interconnect Engineering team is focussed on specific technologies and provides expertise to the design population in their specialist subject. This specialist team is well respected, supportive and operates in a friendly environment both within the team and also within the greater Electronics function. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, take ownership and expand personally to the level of experience and aspiration that one may have.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.