Software Project Lead
- Closing date
- 22 Aug 2022
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: up to £70,000 (doe)
Benefits: *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
- Software Project Lead
Real Time Actuator Software is tasked with supplying software into a wide range of Missile components that require motor/movement control; Fins, Seeker, Fuel Pump, Booster, Wing Opening System.
- Passionate to win hearts and minds?
- Able to coordinate all resources through the process of planning, coordinating and controlling in order to deliver software on time with validated quality?
- Committed to make AGILE/SCRUM/Six Sigma/DevOps methods of software development a success?
- Have the process alignment and quality focus to develop safety-critical software?
What we're looking for
A Software Project Lead (SPL) who can build high-performing teams and create strong working relations with the multi-disciplined project environments that we work in! These project environments include system design, mechanical design, electronic design, program, safety, quality.
- Experience of nurturing and leading a team; this role is typically 5-10 developers (software and verification & validation).
- A track record of working within an agile/SCRUM/DevOps environment.
- Experience of reporting progress through agile metrics such as burnup charts, team velocity, cycle times and work-load-forecast.
- Experience of continuous build, integration and delivery pipeline automation using industry leading toolsets.
- Strong Software Engineering background with some experience of working on Embedded or Bare-Metal development where quality and accuracy of work is critical.
- History of improving teams through strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience of safety-critical standards (DO-178C) would be beneficial but not crucial.
What's in it for you?
- Develop and grow your career:
- You'll get lots of experience interacting and influencing senior partners if you join us on this modernising journey.
- Training program to provide you with the skills/tools to take the next step to becoming a technical or managerial leader in MBDA.
- Develop Safety-critical products to DO-178C standard.
- Be a part of a change initiative where the changes you make will have a perceptible positive impact on the development of your team.
- The opportunity for travel and international secondment; if of interest.
Join a great team!
We are an open, friendly and encouraging team with a can-do approach. Join us to evolve the team towards agile development framework. We work with a wide range of the MBDA portfolio, providing you with opportunity to grow your people network in the business.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert