MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence. Salary £50K to £55K DOE + bonus + benefitsThe Opportunity
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the UK Export Contract Management Team for an ambitious, experienced and highly driven project manager who will lead and deliver a portfolio of UK export contracts. Whilst developing programming, commercial and contract delivery skills, the role is focussed on satisfying international Customers with a wide range of cultural and contractual demands.What are we looking for?
What's in it for you?
- You will need to have proven expertise in project management and leading contract delivery in both the bid and execution phases, desirably with international customers;
- You will have a good understanding of MBDA products and services as well as underpinning engineering principles;
- You will need to have a high degree of self-motivation and drive with the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- You will have effective interpersonal and communications skills with an open, confident and clear leadership style;
- Proven experience of people management in a leadership role as well as experience managing internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- Be prepared for international travel with an open mind to embrace different cultures;
- Experience of preparing and authorising Bid submissions, ideally with exposure in the role of Business Bid Authority;
- Proven experience of interfacing with Corporate functions such as finance, customer support, export control, project management, quality, shipping & engineering;
- Ideally qualified to degree or equivalent level with intent to pursue Professional Body registration;
What would you get?
- Opportunity for a structured career progression within the MBDA Export Contract Management Directorate as well as Professional Body recognition;
- Opportunity to engage with a wide range of international Customers: North and South America, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific as well as Europe;
- Opportunity for varied travel as well as develop language and cultural skills across our International Customer base
- Opportunity to provide a significant business contribution to the expanding portfolio of export contracts;
- Opportunity to interface into functional areas of MBDA UK as well as important interactions with MBDA France, MBDA Spain and MBDA Italy;
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.The Role
What's great about the team?
- Lead and manage the contract and commercial day to day interfaces with international Customers, ensuring good customer relationships and satisfaction for UK export contracts;
- Manage internal interfaces within MBDA, including directorates, functions and NATCO's as well as external interfaces with industrial partners;
- Anticipate and solve issues and concerns in order to fulfil the contractual commitments and deliveries as well as obtain Customer's acceptance and payment for the deliverables;
- Ensure MBDA business interests are safeguarded by timely export contract schedule adherence and robust mitigation of programme and commercial risks;
- Pre-empt and monitor potential customer claims/disputes and maximise profitability by deploying appropriate strategies for the resolution of disputes;
- Supporting Sales & Business Development in the acquisition of new business for the UK led export proposals (and multi NATCO's proposal including UK content);
- You will be joining a truly international and integrated Export Contract Management Directorate based in the UK, France, Spain and Italy with a global range of international Customers delivering the full portfolio of MBDA products and services;
- You will be working in the UK Export Contract Management team of fellow Project Management Professionals who have a wide ranging experience in the export market place based in Stevenage and Bristol;
- You will have the opportunity to be part of and shape the growth of the UK Export Contract Management team;
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.