Job Title: C&I Support Engineer
Division/Location: potential home worker, however must be able to attend sites as required extending from Holybourne / Alton to Lincolnshire or London.
Reports to: Facilities Engineering Manager
Functional Role & Responsibilities:
• Provide day-to-day C&I Engineering, in support of the Maintenance and Operations Teams
• Provide C&I support for projects and smaller modifications
• Support maintenance and development of SCADA systems and associated documentation
• Provide engineering support for systems such as LOWIS, Rod Pump Off Controllers and Remote Monitoring
• Ensure data is stored in a coherent, logical and single instance fashion, eliminating duplicates
• Integrate data captured for use within other business applications
• Support the C&I Technical Authority in developing C&I systems standards according to best practice including diagrams, plans, equipment specifications, control system architecture, panel layouts etc.
• Prepare support documentation and training materials for end users • Software Engineering
• Produce Loop Drawings, Cable Schedules and Wiring Diagrams (using Smartdraw, Autosketch, AutoCAD or similar)
• PLC / PAC Programming
• Network Device setup (Ethernet and Serial)
• Practice Good cybersecurity techniques
• Ability to read and understand P&ID’s, Cause and Effect Drawings, Loop Drawings and Electrical Drawings
• Capable of basic Instrument and Control System design and equipment selection
• CompEX trained / certified (training will be offered if required)
• Understanding of relevant Industry Standards and guidelines (e.g. IEC 61511, BS7671 18th edition)
• Experience of communication devices and communications protocols
• Experience of working with various SCADA platforms especially for the Oil & Gas industry
• Understanding of earthing, induced voltages, static electricity and noise suppression
• Ability to support Function Block and Logic Solver / PLC Programming
• A good working knowledge of Ladder Logic, Python Scripting, JAVA libraries, Modbus, SQL Databases and scripting (specifically MS SQL)
• Basic electrical skills & panel wiring experience
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Good communication skills and the ability to work with others effectively
• Experience in the Oil & Gas industry is preferred but not essential
Qualifications and Experience
• Higher National Certificate (HNC) or Degree
In addition to training, we offer a competitive salary and discretionary bonus opportunity commensurate with the skills and knowledge required to deliver the challenges of this role. As well as an attractive benefits package of private medical insurance, income protection, life assurance and pension scheme.
If this position is of interest to you then please send a copy of your CV, together with a covering letter detailing why you believe you are a suitable candidate either via the form below.
Please only apply if you are suitably located to these roles.