WHAT TO EXPECT
This role is within the Lids department within Body Engineering reporting to a vehicle program module leader. The role will support the delivery of new and existing vehicle programs, working to integrate and deliver lids mechanisms components, including locks & latches, struts & spindle drives, hands-free tailgate and electronic modules all utilised to secure and operate the bonnet and tailgate of our vehicles.
You will focus on leading the Engineering Design, Development and Delivery of Lids related components for Jaguar and Land Rover product delivery teams specifically the integration of the mechatronics component into the wider lids commodity. Supported by the core engineering team you will help to shape the future vehicles through developing solutions through implementation of component strategies, commodity requirements, and Bill of Designs (BoD). Working within multi-disciplinary teams to support the delivery of components including physical and software, sourcing and delivery of components for vehicle programs meeting all defined targets on cost, quality and time.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Work on the delivery of the Module targets
* Work within a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate module concepts, features and alternatives and develop production drawings
* Work within a cross-functional team to support delivery, through the engineering, sourcing and delivery of components for vehicle programs on time, quality and cost
* Assist with the development of operational targets created in the strategy phase to ensure they can be delivered robustly
* Build, maintain and manage relationships with internal and external suppliers and stakeholders
* Support the development of Module component costs, investment, vendor tooling and design and development
* Support the development and delivery the test plan
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge and experience
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with influencing and engagement skills.
* High level of drive and self-motivation, personal organisation and ability to see the critical path.
* A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes.
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred.
* Project management
* Coordination of multifunctional teams
* Comprehensive MS office (excel)
* Experience of delivery of modules including physical and software engineering, sourcing and delivery of components for vehicle programs
* Experience of delivering and developing technical products in Manufacturing
* Experience in the delivering technical products including physical and software engineering
* Ability to manipulate/visualise CAD geometry in CATIA V5, CATIA V6, Teamcenter, Digibuck and Enovia
* Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
* Experience of Software Delivery
* Experience with CAN toolsets such as Vector and CANope
* Driving Licence