Test Engineering is the gatekeeper to the quality of our deliveries to our customers around the world. Our systems support Governments and Customers around the World in helping them defend against cyber threats and so they must be able to rely on the quality of our products. The test engineer has the opportunity to work across the system lifecycle from test definition to customer acceptance and can directly influence the outcome of our projects.
The role interfaces both with our development teams (at sprint level to influence design discussions around testable and reusable code), project teams (at System Acceptance) and delivery functions (at User Acceptance).
What you could be doing for us:
- Analysing test requirements, designing and producing re-usable test scripts and specifying requirements for environments, data and test tools required
- Overcoming development obstacles to deliver quality testing on time
- Reviewing test artefacts produced by peers
- Reviewing test results and modify the test suite as necessary
- Defining and creating test cases from the analysis of non-functional specifications
- Designing and executing performance test scripts, security tests and define and executing usability tests with the client
- Analysing requirements for test automation and designs the technical solution, including coding, modifying and documenting test automation scripts and programs, implementing and configuring automation test tools and planning and implementing keyword driven test tools
- Reviewing and assuring the scope and execution of Unit Tests and Integration Tests performed by Software Engineers
- Describing to Software Engineers how their work will be, or has been, tested such that the Software Engineers gains insight into the tester’s interpretation of the requirements
- Execute Session-based (Exploratory) Testing where scripted testing is inappropriate or requires augmentation