Project Planners & Project Controllers
- Closing date
- 25 Aug 2022
- Electrical, Electronics, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.
Project Planners & Project Controllers
Salary £30K to £48K (dependant on experience) + benefits + bonus
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - typically 2/3 days per week onsite
Ranked number one on the UK's Best Big Companies to Work for 2022 and in the top 50 Best Places to work in 2022, as part of the annual Glassdoor Employees' Choice Awards, MBDA is a world leading defence organisation, with more than 12,000 people worldwide, of which 4,000 employed across our UK sites.
We offer flexible working, opportunities for career progression, great bonus scheme, comprehensive pension scheme, annual salary review, fantastic working environment and site facilities, social, charitable and sporting activities.
With the recent growth across our Project Control function, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Project Planners and Project Controllers of varying levels to join our team, where you will have an opportunity to grow your skills and develop your career within a collaborative and supportive environment.
What we are looking for from you:
- Varying levels of planning experience - ranging from detailed planning to summary level milestone delivery plans.
- Capability in creating and maintaining project structures (WBS/CBS/OBS)
- Experience in generating and analysing project performance data (schedule, resource, and cost).
- Ability to perform and analyse SRA/Critical Path Analysis/EVM
- Motivation to determine root cause and identify corrective action
- Knowledge of Baseline Management and Change Control
- Accountability of project data - owning the quality of the project control reporting suite
- Ability to influence, work independently and be part of an integrated multi-functional team
- Clear communication skills and the ability to foster collaborative working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage conflicting demands
Whilst not essential, it would be beneficial if you have the following:
- Experience of Project Management Toolsets (SAP/ARM/Primavera/Oracle Unifier)
- Understanding and involvement in Project Estimate at Completion/Forecast Cost at Completion reviews.
- Risk & Opportunities / What- If analysis
- Understanding of resource loaded schedules
What we offer:
- Clear development path within MBDA
- Opportunity to pursue leadership and subject matter expert paths
- Encouragement to achieve recognised (PMI) qualification
- Become a valued member of the growing Project Control function, with opportunities to work across varied domestic and international projects.
- Working in an exciting and changing environment, there are opportunities to add value and make a difference in delivering capability to our customers.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note:MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert