Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
MBDA is embarking on ambitious and wide-ranging improvement programmes which are going to fundamentally change the way we run our projects and develop our products. Join us as a Functional Capability Delivery Manager to deliver one of the most important programmes in the portfolio.
You'll be working alongside a Technical Expert to create project plans, manage budgets, and develop capability across the functions and cross-nations to ensure successful delivery and implementation. You'll be outward-facing - working closely with MBDA colleagues in other nations. You'll need to develop and maintain those relationships across the business, with opportunities for travel within Europe and access to a large array of training and development.
We need you to be a proven Project Manager who is able to succeed in a changing environment. You don't need to have an engineering background, although some knowledge or experience of the engineering or defence industry would help.
Our team is caring, dynamic and focussed, passionate about improving the way we undertake our system engineering activities. We are consistently striving to deliver improvement activities - to work more efficiently and helping to influence othersWhat we're looking for from you:
What's in it for you?
- Project Management experience, with a focus on managing budgets, financial data, capability and resource management
- Strong communicator - able to build relationships in a digital world, and internationally
- Experience of improvement programmes
- Whilst not essential, some knowledge of the defence or engineering industry would be useful
- Experience and confidence working with multiple, diverse stakeholders
- Well-developed interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity, self- starting and self-motivated
- Able to plan and deliver work in a changing environment
- Experience of managing or working on improvement programmes
What to expect:
- Involvement in a large scale improvement programme which will fundamentally change the way MBDA develops products and services customers
- Exposure to a cross-nation project, working with and building relationships with international colleagues and partners
- This improvement programme is a high-profile one within the business
- Opportunity to shape the future
- Travel within Europe
- Training and personal development
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.