WHAT TO EXPECT
Jaguar Land Rover are looking to appoint a talented technical specialist focusing on electric drive unit efficiency. A central role to Jaguar Land Rover's (JLR) future, enabling the refinement of our future battery electric vehicle (BEV) propulsion systems through providing technical knowledge, design support and guidance, issue resolution validation and the development of our IP (Body of Knowledge).
This role gives you the chance to play a part in the development of JLR's talent through mentoring, writing and delivering subject matter training material, and contribute to process, components and systems refinement strategy.
YOU get to be the custodian of elements of our key technology for current and future products.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Develop a business aligned vision for technical delivery of the attribute or technology
Technical leadership to drive function, quality, cost, or timing improvements on programmes
Lead / support (exact requirement will be determined between the TS and the Chapter Lead) role for emerging technologies and new applications of current technologies
Thorough understanding of both internal and external customer attribute and technology requirements
Support task force activities to solve complex engineering problems
Expected to teach, mentor and present internally and at world class conferences
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* This is a role that is well suited to those with a strong academia background in research of electric drive efficiency
* You'll need in-depth knowledge and technical expertise in all areas of Electric Drive Unit Efficiency
* You will also be a specialist in system interactions and optimisation - this must include competitor's intelligence, optimisation and design for efficiency, testing for efficiency and in-vehicle strategies
* Expert in the area of Powertrain Efficiency - focusing on BEV (EDUs, Inverters, e-machines, transmissions, thermal management for EDUs)
* Educated to Masters level (electrical engineering, industrial engineering, automotive engineering or similar)