Job title: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £50,000 dependent on skills and experience
What you'll be doing:
- Designing and developing solutions, resolving engineering issues and problems for a range of situations relating to the electrical elements of the power and propulsion systems
- Providing technical guidance to others on electrical engineering matters
- Assisting in the production of estimates and design requirement specifications
- Presenting technical reviews, verifying and checking engineering designs
- Articulating, defining and documenting subject expertise, approaches and standards in order to extend business knowledge base
- Supporting junior team members, to enhance skills and competencies, such that technical capability objectives are fully achieved
- Supporting the embodiment of solutions on board vessels, working with other departments and OEMs.
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree level qualification in relevant electrical/engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Previous experience within an Electrical Design Engineering role
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership
- Experience of managing subcontractors/suppliers with good commercial awareness
- Experience in the design and development of Naval Platform Management Systems, HV, and LV electrical systems
We are looking for you to have good communications skills both verbal and written with the ability to work as part of a team or independently. You will be flexible in your approach with the ability of being able to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Electrical Design team (Maritime Services):
As a Senior Electrical Design Engineer, you will be involved in the design of engineering support to warship capability insertions at our site in Portsmouth with flexible and hybrid working arrangements in place.
You will be involved in looking at the electrical elements of systems and how they can be modified to improve performance, reliability, and capability.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to support a range of projects at bid stage and through design to embodiment. It will also provide you with the chance to up-skill on the job with the opportunity to progress to more senior positions either within your current team or BAE Systems wide.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.