Product Engineers operate, change and grow software that has either been developed, customized or configured to add value to the customer. This is a multi-functional role that works with a Product Team to deliver business value through a high quality product using optimized-flow delivery models based on Agile practices such as Scrum and Kanban.
Product Engineers will be involved in supporting users, defining new features and functionality and implementing change under the guidance and servant leadership of the Product Owner, Product Architect and the Product Delivery Lead. Product Engineers will work in a highly collaborative, visible and measured environment and will stimulate experimentation, innovation and continuous improvement.
Product Engineers will have a deep understanding of SAP ECC and SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (PI) and Process Orchestration (PO) technologies and how the platform is configured for the business, and they will use processes, tools and culture to continuously improve what they do and how they work for the delight of the customer. DevOps practices is used to bring development and operations teams together focusing on constant testing and delivery. Adding value everyday will be a key goal.
The Product Engineer will be:
- Responsible for adhering to standards, governance and best practices set out by the Product Architect and responsible for mitigating technical debt/risks/issues
- Responsible for being an active contributor in the Devops team, supporting the application, resolving incidents/problems,reducing technical debt and developing new features to help enable the business through ERP.
- Responsible for providing product and service direction to the Product Management Team and implement these as part of a self-organising team
- Responsible for proactively driving the incident and problem volumes down by addressing the root cause and addressing Product knowledge gaps on the business.
- Directly working with business stakeholders and Product Analysts by helping refine the requirements and translating that into PS functional and technical designs
- Jointly responsible, alongside other Product Engineers, producing cross module designs which are complementary of each other and promote continuity of knowledge across the team.
- Working with suppliers, customer, team members and industry peers to continuously improve delivery
- A working foundation in process frameworks like ITIL, Prince2 and Agile and have a good understanding of efficient Software Development Lifecycle.
- Track record of successful delivery playing an active part in the implementation of SAP ERP and integrated enterprise systems for medium to large organisations.
- Hands on experience in designing, developing, configuring, supporting customised and standard PS solutions; has an indepth understanding of Project Systems, the professional services business model and usage of WBS impact on cost elements and controlling that will enable the candidate to deliver quality and fit for purpose solutions. Hands on experience in handling CATS(cross application time sheets), results analysis, settlement and Resource related billing
- Indepth understanding of PS master and transactional data and practical knowledge of the flow of data within and outside of SAP.
- Good working knowledge of interfaction of PS with SD, MM, Fi, CO
- Hands-on experience in data migration, cleansing and transformation using LSMWs, BDC, Mass Upload tools in SAP.
- Analytical approach to problem-solving; ability to use technology to solve business problems.
- Excellent communications skills ( verbal and written ) with the ability to tell stories, draw pictures and document what you have done so others can understand, pick up from you and learn.
- A strong understanding and appreciation of the ‘consumer’ perspective – you’ll know what they expect from IT and what they’ll need even before they do. We are expecting an awareness of the changing pace and individual-centric design of IT in the market place and that you’ll apply these to your Product
- An eagerness to learn enough about the product and its roadmap
- Passion for doing things differently by challenging the norm and inspiring others to do the same through facilitating a culture of trust openness, honesty, a can do attitude and discipline through strong time-management and organizational skills
- You need to be able to see the end-to-end system, understand constraints and bottlenecks and be able to work out how process can be simplified, interactions can be automated and through mastery, how the system can become highly efficient in both delivery and support.
- There may be a little bit of an obsession when it comes to the configuration control, ergonomics and aesthetics, user experience and customer perception of your product. You need to set the standards.
- Indepth working knowledge of SAP PS and impacts on other modules.
- Implementation of On Premise Application and SAAS
- Systems and data Integration
- Good understanding of the Agile Manifesto, Devops Priciples, Scrum and Lean Engineering Practices.
- Functional/ Technical Design
- Data Management
- Governance and Control
- SAP ECC 6.0
- PI 7.4
- Salesforce Integration
- SAP Solution Manager
- JIRA and Confluence
- Transport Expresso
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.