WHAT TO EXPECT
This role is to drive the use of Model Based Definition through the creation, validation and deployment of the Standards, Methods, Processes and Training to into Jaguar Land Rover Engineering.
This will require working with various Stakeholders within Engineering, Manufacturing and the internal Jaguar Land Rover I.T. technology group.
Provide Engineering and Technical support to JLR Engineering teams to enable them to fully specify product to BS and ISO standards in MBD.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Effective deployment of MBD within Jaguar Land Rover engineering.
* Create appropriate metrics that demonstrate MBD maturity within Engineering
* Identify Gaps in engineering capability and collaborate with plan to close.
* Ensure the quality of product definition through MBD
* Ensure MBD supports customer needs.
* Support/direct an MBD super user group in best practice and issues.
* Create appropriate MBD training material to support engineers' definition of products.
* Create and Manage delivery of MBD models to MBD standards and best practice to support the education of the business.
* Identify standard features that can be stored to libraries for reuse by engineering teams.
* Identify issues with CAD software and ensure resolution
* Identify changes required within CAD standards and ensure updates through appropriate process.
* Create and publish a common MBE lexicon that supports communication, planning and delivery.
* Pro-actively look in to current and new Technology (software/hardware).
* Support the communication of the MBE strategy.
Transition areas of the business that currently define products with drawing to MBD, balance their needs for program delivery vs business need to be fully MBD.Ensure that the CAD vendor tools are capable of delivering MBD within the wider Model Based Enterprise Vision.Support the engineering teams understand gaps in their capabilities and work to close through appropriate training. * Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
WHAT YOU NEED
* Strong experience and knowledge of GD&T and Manufacturing Specifications
* Demonstratable knowledge of applicable Standards such as ISO, BS, ASME.
* Confident and able to use Digital Engineering Tools e.g., Catia V6, V5 (N.B. the toolset is irrelevant as training will be given)
* Proven project and time management skills and able to work to a high standard with minimum supervision
* Confident presentation & report-writing skills; competent use of MS Office
* Understanding and experience of Metrology and Measurement plans
* Dimensional Management
* Body Construction or Final Assembly Manufacturing Engineering
* Coordination of multifunctional teams
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of DFMEA
* Knowledge of Quality Management and Operating Systems both internally to JLR and externally such as APQP, ISO9001 & IATF 16949.
* 3DCS and/or VisVSA