WHAT TO EXPECT
An exciting opportunity supporting the design, development and maintenance of in-house model-based Chassis Control Systems with a focus on the development of vehicle control functions for active and adaptive suspension systems.
You will be required to develop an in-depth understandingof vehicle dynamic behaviours and the design of control functions to modify them to meet attribute targets; you will also be involved in development of the state estimation and diagnostic fault monitoring functions required to enable the vehicle control functions.
The role will require you to support the delivery of rigorous system Design Verification, Functional Safety and Cyber Security cases, and produce control system documentation in accordance with internal standards; this will include the use of simulation environments and may include some driven vehicle testing activities.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Developing and maintaining in-house model-based control functions for existing and new suspension technologies.
* Developing and maintaining state estimation and diagnostic fault monitoring functions.
* Generating technical evidence to show that control functions meet internal standards and system performance requirements using simulation environments, rigs, and vehicle testing.
* Supporting functional and regression testing of industrialised control functions on prototype and production host ECUs and vehicles.
* Supporting the definition of detailed functional, diagnostic and software requirement specifications and ensuring traceability to higher level system requirements.
* Supporting Functional Safety and Cyber Security analysis of control system architectures and identifying mitigation strategies to meet system safety goals.
* Providing technical support for the delivery of control systems to simulation environments, rigs, and vehicles.
* Finally, you will also be expected to provide technical support for the delivery of control systems to simulation environments, rigs, and vehicles
* Undertaking any other work as directed by the line manager in connection with the role as may be requested.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related subject.
* Experience in Model-Based Control function design.
* MatLab Simulink experience.
* A basic knowledge of vehicle dynamic behaviours.
* A Postgraduate qualification in a Control Engineering or Vehicle Dynamics related subject.
* Prior experience of Model Based software delivery for safety critical systems in accordance with a quality management process.
* Experience of vehicle dynamics simulation (e.g. CarMaker, Simpack, Simscape).
* An understanding of vehicle network communication protocols (e.g. CAN, Flexray), ECUs and electronics
* Knowledge of Functional Safety and Cyber Security tools and processes.
* Experience of dSpace hardware and software tools.
* Experience with following software applications; IBM DOORS, IBM RTC, Dassault Systèmes TRM, JIRA, Atlassian Confluence, IPG CarMaker.
* Advanced road and Proving Ground driving qualifications.