Lead System Diagnostics & ECU Interface Engineer
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Closing date
- 27 Aug 2022
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Automation, Automotive, Systems
- Aerospace & Aviation, Automotive Industry, Medical
- Job Type
- Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer
WHAT TO EXPECT
The role of Lead System Diagnostics and ECU Interface Engineer will see you lead the definition of diagnostic strategies and the specification of requirements for ECU integration for Suspension Control Systems and software applications.
Offering a hybrid working model, based at our site in Gaydon (CV35 0RR) you will be working within the Suspension Controls Team, you will be defining diagnostic strategies and requirements to satisfy standards, safety processes, and robustness in service expectations for both in-house and supplier delivered software. You will also work closely with ECU software and hardware teams to define requirements for hosting Chassis software applications on their devices.
Within this role, you will develop detailed fault monitoring requirements with bi-directional traceability to higher levels and define requirements for hosting software applications, these will cover: Platform Fault Monitors, Diagnostic Routines, Diagnostic Services and Signal Interfaces. This will be aided by the support of the in-house Control and Software teams.
You will also develop a strategy for testing Fault Monitors and Diagnostic Services throughout the lifespan of projects using virtual tools, rigs and vehicles.
You will also work with stakeholders to develop system-wide fault monitoring strategies for Chassis Control Systems which satisfy standards (internal and external), safety processes and robustness in service requirements.
Other aspects of this role include:
* Working with suppliers to agree Fault Monitoring strategies and diagnostic interfaces for software hosted on supplier sourced modules.
* Collecting and analysing data to support the resolution of diagnostic related issues on rigs and vehicles.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* Experience of defining and delivering diagnostics requirements on a previous Safety Critical project in Automotive, Aerospace, Medical Devices, Defence, or a similar industry.
* Strong knowledge Fault Monitoring Strategies, Diagnostic Routines and Diagnostic Services.
* Strong knowledge of ECU BSW and Platform Software Architectures, and functional behaviour.
* An understanding of Chassis Control Systems, actuators and sensors.
* Experience with following software applications; Vector CANape & Canalyzer, MatLab Simulink, dSpace ControlDesk.
* Experience of model-based control function development.
Innovative. Trusted. Pioneering. These three qualities have always summed up Jaguar Land Rover. They have been encapsulated within the performance, luxury and excellence of all our products. They are what every person working for us lives and breathes.
We have been automotive industry pioneers for more than six decades. Jaguar debuted in 1935. Land Rover made its celebrated entrance in 1948.
From then until now, we have been at the forefront of technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development. Through our revolutionary technologies, performance and craftsmanship, we have pushed the boundaries of what the industry considers possible over and over again. Our efforts have led to some of the most iconic nameplates ever to grace the road.
With an ever-evolving history and exhilarating future, this is the place to drive your pursuit for success. This is where you'll push the boundaries of your potential. This is where you'll put excellence in motion.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert