AWE are looking for a number of Finance Specialists to join a high performing Finance team.
Salary: Negotiable on experience
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
A member of the Finance Business Partnering team, Finance Business Partners are responsible for, supporting the business through financial information and insight, so that project managers can make informed decisions.
- Complying with appropriate procedures, processes and systems to ensure the quality and consistency of data
- Supporting the preparation, monitoring and control of forecasts and budgets for specified areas, ensuring governance is maintained including any change control
- Carry out variance analysis and cost monitoring against a range of financial measures and expense categories and provide input to narrative for impact and recovery statements
- Support system interrogation and financial performance measurement of actual expenditure
- Provide input to cost reports, including trend analysis and early warnings as necessary
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Building effective stakeholder engagement maintaining relationships with customer budget holders and wider stakeholders
- Acting as the first line of defence for issues and queries raised by the business where there is no clear solution or if a rapid resolution can be provided
- Driving financial performance against agreed targets, business plans and objectives working collaboratively
- Providing insight and reports at appropriate level budget holder meetings
- Providing ad-hoc analysis where the requirement is justified, working with Ad Hoc MI and Information to build suitable outputs. Presenting information to drive, challenge and support enhanced decision-making
- Translating and adding insight to financial data to provide clear information and evidence to support business activities and requirements
- Supporting the production of the financial case on business cases functions related to finance
- Continuously improve quality of service proactively identifying opportunities through engaging with the local teams, prioritising changes that will add the most value
- Being open to challenge and new ideas, sharing of knowledge and experience, encouraging others through building a supportive team environment
- Support the creation of a Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) and other mechanisms to track and control money flows
- Assist the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data. Providing data for benchmarking information to meet specific needs
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and people with disabilities.