WHAT TO EXPECT
This role is based within the Assisted & Automated Driving Team in the Electrical Engineering department focussing on the Operations side of System Testing for all Assisted & Automated Driving Systems (ADAS & AD). This group manages delivery of all AAD testing utilizing XIL (Anything In the Loop), Vehicle test, Data Analysis under an Agile structure that is managed by Test Co-ordinator Product Owners.
The successful candidate will be involved in ensuring test strategies, results and reports are delivered, working alongside Feature, Software and Component Group Product Owners ensuring the team deliver on time test evidence for Engineering Sign-off of all Assisted & Automated Driving Features and work with Group Product Owner responsible for enablers delivery of fulfilling all needs from Operation Squads to deliver their outcome.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The role is to provide strong Leadership and Strategic direction for Test Operations, including testing and sign-off for all AAD systems onto vehicle platforms.
* Responsible for the Delivery of the test strategy for System and component-based Test to all Jaguar Land Rover vehicles alongside System Test Leads and Test Co-ordinators.
* Support for Product owners and Chapter leads - planning, resources allocation, problem solving support and coaching, performance feedback and suggestions.
* Management of ADAS Level 3, Level 4 and AAD VITAL test rigs, vehicles and test assets, functional issues, test plans.
* Support chapter leads ensuring facility update and test equipment Installation to support conducting robust Test cases working with Chapter Head specialist vision.
* Management of all ADAS issues from external customers and performing initial Level zero triage.
* Management of Test reports and data evidence storage to demonstrate robust feature sign-off and compilation of test reports for system and sub-system sign-off.
* Lead cross functional discussions and issues to resolution across departments and teams. These will include Vehicle Engineering, Design, Other Engineering Departments, External Suppliers, System/Sub-System Engineers
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Extensive experience in working according to Agile principles, methods, and tools (Scrum, Kanban and others)
* Experience in deploying, observing, and adapting Agile way of working on scale
* Extensive experience in Test Coordination & Management, improvements and deployment in an Assisted and Automated Driving, or similar context
* Proven technical expertise and experience of test facility and test part preparation.
* Technical and practical knowledge of integrating systems into vehicles
* Experience of working managing health and safety regulations, reporting and monitoring compliance
* Experience of leading teams and providing technical advice and guidance
* Experience and certification for driving on proving grounds.
* Six Sigma, Black Belt and Green Belt Training.
* Educated to Degree level in a Systems, Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic or related field