MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Up to £40,000 dependent on experience plus bonus and benefits
This role is 37 hours per week, primarily based on site at Bolton, with some flexibility around start/finish times and the ability to work from home on occasion as part of dynamic working arrangements.
We are seeking a multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our Calibration and Maintenance team at our Bolton site, to commission, maintain and repair various test platforms, including Special to Type Test Equipment (STTE) and process equipment to component level.
- Provide technical support to MBDA functions.
- Maintain and repair test/measuring equipment and process equipment to component level.
- Producing preventative and predictive maintenance plans and instructions.
- Generating clear and comprehensive maintenance records for traceability purposes.
- Safety systems testing of Test & Measuring equipment in line with documented procedures.
- Provide Technical support to facilitate the efficient servicing of STTE to enable production testing of hardware and repair phases of the contract. Assessment of related equipment issues advising support services to resolve equipment failures.
- Represent Calibration department at Integrated Production Team meetings to provide technical information/advice when requested.
- Test facility commissioning & acceptance, ensuring configuration control of equipment and facilities.
- Work with hydraulic and pneumatic test systems, including high pressure gases and pure air systems.
The work is varied, challenging and interesting, and will require you to work closely with the C&M of the team and the wider Bolton team, including test equipment and product design teams. The role may also offer opportunities to travel within the UK & Europe.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- Minimum qualification HNC/NHD in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical and electrical measurement techniques.
- Good understanding of calibration principles and processes would be beneficial.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Maintenance of process equipment and associated supply, including high & low pressure gaseous systems.
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
Join a great team!
- You will be working with a pro-active, multi-disciplined team of engineers, supporting complex test platforms, in the manufacture and test of complex missile systems.
- Opportunities to work alongside other engineers, from a broad spectrum of engineering disciplines, e.g. Manufacturing, Design and Test to gain an overall appreciation of MBDA, and possibly influence the design processes.
- You will be trained to calibrate 'Special-to-type' test platforms, using a range of technologies and techniques.
- You will have an annual review, to assess and plan any future development opportunities and needs.
- Opportunities to mentor more junior staff.
- Opportunity to develop your skills using some of the very latest precision measurement equipment.
What to expect:
- You will be part of a team of dedicated engineers and operations personnel in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment.
- The team has a great mix of personnel, ranging from mechanical and electrical maintenance personnel through to experienced engineering practitioners, all striving to deliver technical excellence and maintain product output.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.