AWE is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer (Additive Manufacturing)
Do you like the idea of having every other Friday off work as part of your standard working pattern?
If so, a career at AWE could be for you!
This role will give you the opportunity to work for one of the area's largest employers where you will be able to develop your expertise whilst making a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of our business.
Mechanical Engineer - Additive Manufacturing
Location - Reading / Basingstoke area
Package - £33,850 - £46,000pa (dependant on suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body
- AWE Life Insurance
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
Working within the Additive manufacturing Development team, we are looking to appoint an experienced Mechanical/AM Engineer, this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to work as part of a project team alongside a diverse range of specialists and be at the forefront of metal AM at AWE.
We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with experience in some or all of the following:
- Experience in Metals AM and the running of Metal AM machines
- Quality frameworks for development of AM manufacturing systems
- Process qualification
- Metal AM Post processing
- Awareness and implementation of international standards (ISO / ASTM)
- Maintain and promote high standards in ESH (Environmental, safety & health), security and quality
- Contribute to the production and delivery of technical reports and presentations
- Experience in engineering design and specifications with experience of using design tools such as CAD as well as specialist AM slicing software
- Attendance and presentation at national and international conferences
- Membership of an engineering institution and/or Incorporated Engineer or equivalent. Preferred, not essential
Candidates will need to be motivated, delivery focused, capable of working within a team and engaging with various stakeholders from different disciplines, internal and external to the nuclear weapons enterprise.
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team with a range of experiences. The role will provide the successful candidate with a wider appreciation of the UK's nuclear weapon enterprise, responsibility in delivering CASD and cross enterprise engagement at all levels.
To be considered for the role you would ideally have an HNC/HND or degree qualification in an engineering discipline or proven experience working in a similar environment and possess strong communication skills.