WHAT TO EXPECT
In this role you will work as the key person to interact between the Suspension Function Group and the Forward Model Architecture (FMA) teams within the business.
Your aim is to ensure aligned technical content for each gateway that meets business requirements for material cost, investment, quality, package and attribute. Working from Kick Off (KO), you will mature the concept and technical content to align these factors prior to hand-over to the delivery teams when the Programme Strategy is Confirmed (PSC).
It will be your responsibility to lead and define Suspension Function Group content through concept development (KO to PSC). You will be the key Suspension Function Group contact through interaction with the Architecture, Packaging and Attribute areas.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* To take ownership for the future development of all the Suspension Function Group content on all future Jaguar Land Rover vehicles
* Work with Chassis FMA team, Engineers and Technical Specialists to define programme content
* Represent the Suspension Function Group team during reviews (Programme & Technical) and provide a conduit for information to and from the Suspension Function Group Team
* Work with Attribute owners to identify and resolve incompatibilities
* To present information at Compatibility Reviews, Manufacturing Deep Dives, Directors. This role will enable you to broaden your knowledge base of Programme requirements as well as high level technical knowledge of all Suspension Function Group systems, sub-systems and components.
* Lead the evaluation of multiple design concepts and present recommendation during Chassis and Programme reviews
* Identify opportunities to meet / exceed targets
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Driven to strongly influence concept development and chassis content for new JLR vehicles.
* Project management skills - alignment & control of costs, and technical assumptions
* Experience in managing projects and delivering results through cross functional stakeholders.
* Have a positive approach to finding solutions with a ‘can-do' attitude and be willing to question the ‘norm'.
* Ability to analyse information/data and present recommendation/conclusions concisely.
* Highly motivated self-starter and track record as an effective team player.
* Have a positive attitude and flexibility to adapt to fast-moving, changing requirements and priorities.
* Experience and drive to develop and improve team processes and ensure consistent implementation.
* Educated to degree level in Mechanical, Automotive or another related engineering discipline.
* Understanding of engineering principles and willingness to challenge experienced colleagues in an effective and appropriate manner.
* Excellent communication, presentation, and strong interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrate confidence and integrity is presenting data in a professional manner to a senior audience (Vehicle Line Director, Chief Programme Engineer)
* Demonstrates diligence in ensuring robustness of data with appropriate level of provenance.
* IT literate (Powerpoint, Excel, JIRA)
* Understanding of vehicle architecture desirable, particularly chassis components within the following systems: Springs, Dampers & ARBs
* Understanding of System Engineering
* Experience of Agile