Senior Systems Integration Engineer
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Lancaster, England, Lancashire / Lancashire, England, Preston
- Closing date
- 15 Aug 2022
- Applying the Systems Engineering approaches across the engineering disciplines to define the customer needs and the required functionality early in the development cycle, documenting requirements, then proceeding with design synthesis and system validation while considering the complete problemApplying systems engineering methods, criteria, and techniques to optimise all aspects of safety throughout the lifecycleTranslating customer requirements into a practicable solution architecture and partitions this into lower-level requirements / specificationsEnsuring that the resulting solution meets the customer requirements and is properly designed, certified, and controlledCreating technical documentation in accordance with Departmental Quality Management Procedures and ProcessesProviding technical support during development, with clear understanding of the product, risks, issues, assumptions & dependencies associated with the productsEngineering Integration continues to evolve to align with modern working practices it is currently scoped across four key areas, Technical Integration, Engineering Management, System Level Specialisms and Capability & Governance this role may fit neatly into one area but may also require/develop understanding and exposure to the other areas and in fact the other engineering disciplines
- Degree educated in a STEM discipline or HND/HNC with sound experience of the Engineering LifecycleProven experience in an engineering integration environmentExperience of Model Based Engineering approaches and the supporting methods and toolsetsUse of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)Excellent people and leadership skills
- Previous experience in use of structured toolsets which currently include the IBM Teleologic DOORS Requirements Management tool
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert