About the role:
We are looking for a Graduate Software Engineer to join our growing software team working on next generation Cyber Security and Electronic Warfare technology. You will be an integral part of a team involved in the design, development and verification of complete systems evolving from our flagship CATAPAN and Corvus product families.In addition there will be opportunities to join focused and fully funded research & development projects, to investigate cutting edge technologies and enable us to stay one step ahead.You will be supported to take what you already know and grow with on-the-job training in our specific domain areas and you will be supported in your short and long term career goals by a dedicated Line Manager and Mentor.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work with your project Technical Lead to plan out your work (typically we work in Agile Sprints)
- Code from existing designs (to begin with) and progress to design and implementation
- Learn about our product architectures to build your understanding to apply your own ideas
- Manage your own time and workload
- Stay up to date with new technologies, methods and languages using both the L3Harris online resources and publically available resources
Experience & Skills:
- A degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering (or similar) with a grade of at least a 2:1 or an equivalent qualification and experience (e.g. Apprenticeship)
- Solid embedded C++ code development & review
- Solid experience of object orientated design and implementation principles
- Linux application and/or driver development experience
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to create proficient designs and implement them
- Good communication skills to work as part of a dynamic development team
- Experience of using project source control tools
- Appreciation of Continuous Integration and DevOps tools such as GitLab/Jenkins
- Experience of Python/Rust desirable
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are committed to being a flexible working organisation, and willing to consider flexible working hours for some of our roles. Part time work will also be considered.