Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a Mechanical Engineer in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities? At L3Harris, as a Mechanical Engineer you will be a part of multi-discipline teams and be responsible for the mechanical design of L3Harris products in fields including Electronic Warfare, Satellite Communications and Data Encryption. You will use CAD techniques to produce functional and cost-effective designs, they take the product from concept through to production and beyond.
At L3Harris, in our Intelligence & Cyber International (ICI) division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies to shape and build cutting-edge solutions that combat the ever-evolving threats faced by the public and private sectors on a daily basis.
What the role will involve
If you’re invited to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Delivery of conceptual designs, detail designs, manufacturing specifications, operational documentation and validation evidence for mechanical engineering solutions in relation to defined requirements
- Expedite the planning and execution of tasks in order to deliver specific agreed objectives on time; demonstrating control of cost and quality
- Identifying and supporting opportunities for cost savings, efficiency and business improvement
- Influence collaborative working and contribute towards the achievement of project goals
What you’ll bring
The role of Mechanical Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- Familiar with the design of rugged electronics enclosures for harsh environments
- Experience designing fabricated, machined, injection mould and die cast electronics enclosures for EMC.
- Experience of designing parts in all major material groups.
- Familiar with configuration control processes using SAP, Aras PLM or similar.
- A minimum of 2+ years of industrial experience is preferred
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer a really attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours
- Half day Fridays
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service
- Private medical insurance and a health care cash plan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
- Full reimbursement of professional membership cost
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
We are committed to being a flexible working organisation, and willing to consider flexible working hours for some of our roles. Part time work will also be considered.