Your next role
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented technician to provide quality service and repair across our UK and Canadian division, Wescam. Additionally, you will be required to deploy internationally to work assignments overseas. Travel is required approximately 50% of the time for short durations.
The most important objective for this role is to provide quality service and repair of airborne surveillance turrets across the WESCAM MX product portfolio, as well as provide first class training and demo support to a diverse customer base.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career as a Field Service Technician, L3Harris is here to help you grow…
What the role will involve
If you were to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Install software and firmware in accordance with instructions
- Complete required service documentation (i.e. NCRs) as required
- Participate in/lead customer demos and training
- Interface with Help Desk and customers as required
- Provide regular status reports and update documentation as required
- Setup of manual and ATE test sites in accordance with PTS instructions
- Liaise with Design engineers to resolve technical issues on existing products
- Perform visual inspection and provide basic repair or assist with diagnosis for advanced repair
- Upon request, support WASC EFFA and QA investigations by providing repair event information
What you’ll bring
The role of Field Service Technician requires the following experience and skills:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience following related apprenticeship, college diploma, or equivalent
- Strong Electro-Mechanical background and troubleshooting techniques
- The ability to read technical drawings, wiring diagrams, and schematics
- Capable of demonstrating aerospace industry typical workmanship skills
- Competent in the use of hand tools, wiring and soldering
- Knowledge of EO/IR systems is an asset
- Attention to detail and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working where possible
- 3.5 hour day on Fridays – finish before 12pm!
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities and support with qualifications where relevant
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
We are committed to being a flexible working organisation, and willing to consider flexible working hours for some of our roles. Part time work will also be considered.