About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence:
As the market-leading provider of innovative financial crime and compliance solutions, BAE Systems Digital Intelligence helps global financial institutions to take intelligent action, control defences and evolve strategies against fraud, money laundering and other types of financial crime. With clients in over 100 countries, spanning four continents, BAE Systems Digital Intelligence counts seven of the world’s top ten banks among its growing family of clients.
Today, we have over 3,000 staff in 26 offices serving clients across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals.
New opportunities and risks are emerging and converging... every day. Come and be part of our team and make a real difference…
Purpose of Role
• Maximise the value of the product and the work of the Development team.
• Represent and champion the Business and the Customer to the Development team, and vice versa.
What You Will Be Doing
• Manage the Product Backlog, ensuring focus on value.
• Set goals for the team and accept product features and stories when they are Done.
• Engage with many stakeholders across the business and externally, including senior and highly technical staff, to ensure the right focus is being applied to the Product Backlog
• Engage with Product Management to align Vision and Product Backlog priorities with strategic investment initiatives
• Work as part of the development team to share Product knowhow and collateral
• Attend scrum team meetings as appropriate for a Product Owner
• Track product changes through the delivery cycle and gain feedback from customers
• Work with customer delivery teams to support existing customers
• Champion innovation across the team to solve market business problems
• Build knowledge around the Financial Crime business domain and the technology architectures used to support it
• Contribute knowledge and learnings to a Practice of Product Owners across the business.
Skills and Experience
• Experience of leading technical initiatives and teams
• Experience of elaborating business requirements and working with technical teams to see them through to being delivered
• Clear understanding and experience of Agile/Lean principles and development methods (e.g. Scrum / DSDM / XP / Kanban)
• Proven ability to prioritise own activities and those of others
• Experience of end to end solution development in a commercial environment
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills
• Excellent inter-personal, negotiation, communication and conflict management skills
• Excellent analytical skills (listening, questioning, challenging, modelling etc.)
• Professional Qualification (degree or significant industry experience)
• Able to brief up to Executive level with ease
• Able to chair and manage workshops and meetings
• Certified Scrum Product Owner qualifications
• Financial Services business or technology experience
• Understanding of technical architecture approaches and how they are used in enterprise technology solutions
• Agile tooling (Jira etc)
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.