MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence. Software Specialist (Software Engineer - Technical Specialist - Tooling) R09537Salary:
up to £65,000 (dependent on experience) + bonus + benefitsThe opportunity:
We are looking for a capable, adaptable and inquisitive software engineer to develop and maintain our software modelling and development in-house tools suite. Tools include; design modelling, auto-code generation and data analysis. These tools support continuous integration and proving activities.What we're looking for from you:
Here's what's in it for you!
- A passion for good common purpose tooling, able to innovate and critically think to solve complex software problems.
- A desire to design, develop and implement dependable validated tools that can be used to timely support automated development and proving across MBDA's SE products.
- Work independently and with initiative to deliver solutions and to provide technical support.
- You need to be able to interact with multiple customers, with the ability to discuss and compromise to ensure a common tool suite across a spread customer base.
- Experience of configuration management and ideally an SE practitioner and eager to learn key technologies. Currently our tools use; Ada, Java, Rhapsody, XML, Motif, etc.
Additional Job Description
- This high profile specialist role provides the opportunity to work autonomously, developing key in-house products from conception through to deployment and maintenance.
- You will be the master of your own dependable product set and have the authority to innovate with more freedom than other elements of weapon system development.
- A key capability role supporting a large range of projects and people simultaneously, constantly evolving challenge, ideal for someone who never wants to stand still.
- Opportunity to evaluate new software technologies and techniques for inclusion/update of the tool suite.
Join either the System Software or Software Capability Department as the tooling specialist. The role will support multiple software departments running numerous projects with a dependable and sustainable, purpose-made and integrated in-house tools suite.What to expect!
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.