MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Manufacturing MRP Controller to join our team at Stevenage working in our Manufacturing Prototype and Development Facility. You will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of planning activities for manufacturing to achieve project programmes to time, cost and quality.Salary:
Up to £36,000 dependent on experience plus bonus and benefitsThe Role
What we're looking for
- Maintaining the manufacturing bill of materials and project manufacturing strategy, including make/buy venue/policy
- Co-ordination of Manufacturing MRP Controllers employed in the planning, maintenance and delivery of detailed parts and assemblies, in line with the manufacturing master schedule
- Run and schedule all work through the manufacturing facilities
- Manage the efficient use of storage space
- Monitor topical knowledge of inventory holdings
- Review potential work, compile bids and estimates
- In association with Procurement suggest alternative supply/venue if not loaded to Manufacturing (UK)
- Identify and implement process improvement for the business
- Assessment of Task Directives, new or amended orders and their effect on inventory and programmes - subsequently achieving task directive requirements
- Proactive involvement in the development of deployed staff
- Co-ordination for effective non-conformance management controls
- Safeguard Health & Safety for all deployed resources within areas of responsibility in accordance with company procedures and current legislation
What's in it for you?
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good people management skills (Desirable)
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Significant demonstrable production control experience
- ONC or relevant experience is desirable
The role will provide many stimulating challenges and personal development opportunities. MBDA values its employee's personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects.
We offer the opportunity exists to create both movement and development opportunities across the Manufacturing Planning and Control skill pool as we begin on our journey to embrace Functional excellence, this will deliver many training requirements that will further stimulate our staff in our drive to achieve our objectives.Join a great team!
You will join a dynamic, focussed team responsible for delivering a benchmark Planning & Control service to multiple customers both internal and external to MBDA, the opportunity to interact with other business units with the view to develop best practice across our Manufacturing services in Stevenage.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.