MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Hybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as up to full-time on-site, as required to meet business needs and objectivesThe opportunity:
Sea Viper is currently going through its next phase of life with major upgrades proposed to be rolled out over the coming years. In support of this, a key role has arisen within the Sea Viper system design team to support the delivery of the next phases of the new business programmes. A technical lead role has opened up in the team to lead the overall system design and qualification activities for the first increment of the major capability update to the system. This is a high profile programme within MBDA and MOD, and as part of the team you will engage with many senior partners in delivering the role.
The programme has just completed a three-year pre-development phase study to mature and de-risk the weapon system design to provide a brand-new capability. The programme is now in the final route to contract stages for the next phases of development with contract award expected later this year.A broad range of responsibilities include:
What we're looking for from you:
- Task group manager for systems activities under the D&M contract, responsible for all planning activities and ensuring the systems task group activities are delivered on time, on cost and on quality, including meeting all contractual deliverables;
- Management of a team of Sea Viper systems engineers to deliver the systems task group activities, including direct reports;
- Overall management of the development of a coherent weapon system design baseline , ensuring a coherent and consistent system design alongside the wider evolving Sea Viper design;
- Overall management of the qualification strategy and the system design verification and validation activities for the weapon system, taking into account the need to regression test elements of the existing qualification baseline;
- Management of the weapon system requirement baseline, ensuring flow-down and agreement of sub-system requirements;
- Management of the key interface baselines, including the data exchange specifications between Sea Viper C2 and the combat management system and radar, requiring management of the relationships with the C2, CMS and radar design authorities;
- Management of technical analyses and investigations of system-level issues and opportunities, including conduct of trade-off studies, and any key supporting system design studies required to de-risk the system design;
- Management and conduct of key design reviews;
- Oversight of the supporting system performance activities and management of any resulting system-level issues;
- Management of the collaboration with the integration and system verification team to ensure trials activities are meeting the needs of the system V&V activities.
- Delivery and management of the update to the system engineering management plan;
- Review and approval of relevant technical reports to the customer and suppliers;
- Management of key relationships with sub-system design authorities;
- Future weapon system increment assessment liaison, ensuring the evolving weapon system design is coherent with all expected variants;
Join a great team!
- Broad systems engineering background covering phases of the CADMID cycle from concept to manufacture, including generating TRSs, interface definitions, V&V planning, trials planning, qualification evidence generation and collation, generation of certification documents;
- Experience of system performance activities;
- Experience of transversal activities (safety, security, AR&M) desirable;
- Broad knowledge of weapon system design concepts and experience working on air defence systems, knowledge of C2, missile and radar design all desirable;
- Experience of establishing and maintaining efficient and effective working relationships with MOD partner organisations;
- Experience acting as primary technical interface for external sub-contract organisations;
- Experience of managing the delivery of concise, coherent and detailed technical reports of a high quality;
- Experience of leading and motivating a team;
- Experience of effective management of budgets and schedules, including risk provision;
- Ability to work confidently in the face of ambiguity and multiple conflicting priorities to be able to identify the priority tasks and communicate effectively to the team.
You would be joining a well-established team with a great team spirit; the team has a wealth of experience that has been built up over the many years of Sea Viper development and in-service support, providing a great opportunity to develop your knowledge and experience of the area defence domain, with everyone more than willing to share knowledge with others. The combined value of current and expected contract activities across the wider Sea Viper programme are set to propel Sea Viper to become one the most important programmes in the company over the coming years, so also presents a great opportunity for senior exposure. The combination of a commitment to support the in-service legacy capability as well as progressing a host of development contracts and ongoing bid activity means there is never a dull day on Sea Viper! What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.