WHAT TO EXPECT
The Power & Charging Validation Lead is responsible for system and charging validation at a vehicle level (perspective from in to out) both close to vehicle and very large and complex rigs. This role will need to give high visibility around charging experience for customers.
You will be responsible for testing and validation of the new Hardware, SW and systems concepts developed by your colleagues. In the role you'll use the latest hardware in the loop and test automation capability. Your goal will be to proof the goodness of our designs and products. To do so powerful test cases will be running in your facilities by doing so you will be responsible for designing and executing powertrain design validation plans (DVPs). All this while ensuring a direct link with vehicle, powertrain, systems, subsystems.
The Power & Charging Validation Lead ultimately reports to the Charging V+V Manager.
In this role you will be working with systems and charging validation within the Powertrain team.
The HV Charging Power Electronics team is responsible for the delivery of Plug-In and Full Electric vehicles (PHEV's and BEV's) including hardware and ECU design as well as control strategies for modules such as DCDC converters and Off-Board/On-Board Chargers. The main purpose of this role is to ensure our future electrified products are reliable while
providing a luxurious experience to our customers.
You will be responsible for ensuring that DVP and entire Programme plan milestones are met. Further to this, you will be evaluating multiple system design concepts and maintaining the integrity between them and its components. You will also be responsible for:
* Preparation and release of test reports
* Ensuring that the test data results are repeatable, and data is accurate
* Support and vehicle simulation (performance, energy use, electrical, thermal) activities to ensure the model validation is included in DVPs
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Understanding of AC/DC, DC/DC topologies and ability to assess correct solutions
* Some experience of Microcontroller based Electronics board design and testing
* Able to understand the design implication of developing High Voltage Systems above 500V
* Highly motivated, capable of prioritising workload and motivating others
* MSc/MEng level qualification in Electrical or Electronics engineering, Mechatronics, Power Electronics or similar
* Experience in Electromagnetic Capabilities (EMC)
* Knowledge of SysML
* Knowledge of Vehicle level architecture and Automotive networks
* Some experience delivering electronics hardware design and component testing in an automotive, aerospace or
* rail industry
* Understanding of MOSFET and IGBT controls techniques and strategies to protect the HW
* Experience developing electronics for power electronics working voltages up to 1000V and complex topologies.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills