WHAT TO EXPECT
The Role is to support the development and delivery of CAD Automation Toolsets within a team of multiskilled Agile developers. The Developer is an integral part of the Agile SCRUM team and needs to be adaptable to ensure the best solutions are planned, designed, delivered and embedded.
This role will include toolset creation, architecture design, customer liaison, customer coaching and project management (through SCRUM). This includes coaching and supporting Engineers with capability uplift and leading both CAD and non-CAD engineers in creating and using Automation toolsets. Whilst providing a highly creative and open mindset to identify and challenge current convention in the quest for increased levels of efficiency, quality and compatibility in every stage of geometrical development.
This role will may also require geometry delivery to vehicle programmes
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Develop automated solutions to meet customer demand - Creatively architect and create automated CAD toolsets to accomplish the work set forth by the product owner whilst exploring and promoting the possibilities and advantages of utilising CAD and/or CAE automation for improved efficiency, quality and compatibility with a technically curious and open mind.
* Proactively organise and plan how to accomplish work, at an agreed upon level of quality, effectively with other developers to accomplish the sprint goal, checking in with each other frequently to inspect and adapt approach in pursuit of the optimum solution.
* Take responsibility for the quality of the toolsets and solutions produced and continuously ensure sympathetic integration with elements produced by others.
* Interact with customers as necessary to clarify requirement and embed solutions for maximised benefit.
* Take responsibility for estimating, planning and managing all of his/her own tasks and reporting on progress in line with Agile SCRUM methodologies.
* Collaborate frequently and closely with all other members of the development team to nurture a proactive, caring development environment and a team that is able to naturally take shared responsibility for the overall efforts they have committed to. Mentor customers and over developers in the technical and behavioural skills required to create and implement Automation toolsets.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Strong aptitude with spatial reasoning, 3D geometrical interpretation and visualisation in CAD
* Strong capability in using Virtual Engineering tools CATIA V5 and CATIA V6
* Evidence of structured logical problem solving, ideally in the 3D, CAE or Code environment.
* An Automation driven mindset to development
* Ability to record and present complex processes and ideas in simplified visual form.
* Experience delivering projects as part of a team
* Very good experience in Microsoft Office software.
* Good general PC skills
* Coding capability awareness (EKL, VB, Python)
* CAE toolset and capability awareness
* Demonstrate appropriate application of AVA geometric models and networks
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience in product development preferred