Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow Seeker Systems at MBDASalary: £40-48k DOE + bonus + excellent benefits
Be part of an exciting, ambitious research programme at the core of missile seeker technology within the defence industry. We're looking for system engineers who are trained and/or experienced in model-based requirements, preferably with experience in applying System Modelling Language (SysML) to broad system requirements and architectures (or are willing to learn!).Responsibilities include:
- Taking ownership of system requirement and design traceability
- Identifying/Executing studies to further inform future missile seeker designs
- Deriving new requirements at system to component level for design maturity
The technologies being developed are world-firsts, and will dictate the capability of next-generation missile systems. The team is highly motivated to succeed and ultimately spark additional programmes, either continuing research in advancing the Technology Readiness Level of the technology, or providing technology injection into new and/or in-service products.What are we looking for?
Why come work with us?
- Requirements Engineers with experience in MBSE techniques
- RF sensor / Radar knowledge would be highly beneficial
- Some understanding/experience with EO/IR sensors beneficial but not essential
- Use of architecture/requirements tools such as Rhapsody/DOORS (or similar)
- Experience in system integration and proving beneficial but not essential
- Work closely with cutting edge, never-done-before seeker technology; be at the frontline of technology, where we encourage innovation with every step.
- A broadly scoped programme, with opportunities to engage regularly with a number of company technical experts for a broad range of missile technologies
- A closely-knit, motivated team with a friendly vibe and flexible working arrangement (mixture of home and on-site working).
- Opportunity to grow the role into a wider set of responsibilities if interested.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a Great System Engineering Team!
The systems team is a very friendly, approachable group of engineers and scientists; we all believe in regular, high-quality communication, and use agile principles to drive ourselves ever onwards. Whether you excel in a high-stakes, high-pressure environments or enjoy spreading your wings as a social butterfly; there's something for everyone on our team.Why MBDA?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate security clearance relevant to the role.