WHAT TO EXPECT
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) are offering an opportunity to investigate and develop the next generation battery electric vehicle powertrain products as a key component in JLR's electrification strategy. In particular, Traction Electrical Machines, Power Electronics, Energy Storage and Energy distribution are key areas for future development.
As the Advanced Electrification Concepts Manager for Powertrain, you will get to initiate and lead the development of new E-Motor, power electronics and electrification technologies and consider new high voltage architectures to ensure that JLR understands and bookshelves advanced world class electrified systems.
In addition, you will understand the strengths and weaknesses of the current electrified product portfolio and identify design improvement opportunities. Communication and development will be through a mixture of technology roadmaps, modelling and practical demonstrations of cutting-edge systems.
The Electrification Concepts Manager will model current high voltage (HV) systems, identify improvement opportunities and demonstrate solutions that improve the efficiency, cost, reliability, manufacturability and capability of the next generation electric powertrain.
The Concept Manager will lead the development of new technologies and standards; in particular;
* The multi-physics design of existing components, focusing on losses, mass, cost, volume as well as energy and power density.
* Effective coordination of work with other Teams, especially the Powerpack, eDU, eMachine, Inverter, Battery and Charging Teams.
* Wider business communication and presentation of next generation products and systems
* Interface with vehicle, manufacturing teams
* Active search and development of new partners and technologies for investigation
* Understand and participate in industry wide technical initiatives for advanced powertrain concepts
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Powertrain electrification products and system knowledge and practical experience
* Significant experience of developing advanced engineering projects
* Demonstrable experience in the application and shortfalls in eMachine, inverters, batteries and power electronics
* Knowledge of challenges associated with the HV system and a thirst for improvement
* Project management
* Revered leadership capabilities
* Excellent planning and strategic thinking skills
* A collaborative / partnership and engaging approach