PURCHASING AT JAGUAR LAND ROVER
Jaguar Land Rover is embarking on an exciting new journey of forging direct relationships with leading software and digital solution companies to support our long term Reimagine strategy which includes an ambitious cycle plan of new fully electric products.
This is your chance to be part of something special as we build an all-new purchasing team and build new relationships within a cutting-edge digital business.
Many of these relationships will take the form of strategic partnerships whereby Jaguar Land Rover will collaborate with partners over the long-term to deliver our objective best-in-class technology that will keep is at the forefront of delivering the world-class, and modern-luxury, driving experiences our customer love.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Jaguar Land Rover's digital procurement team has responsibility for creating and managing external commercial relationships that support Jaguar Land Rover's product offerings within the Digital space. It is the key point of interface for major software, services and digital content providers.
It is wide stretching and requirements vary from niche products to large global enterprise solutions. The IT products and solutions you will purchase, impact all areas of the business and are critical to the success of Jaguar Land Rover. As such, the stakeholders and suppliers that you will engage with are also varied meaning this is a great role for anyone looking to progress their career within an exciting purchasing team and category
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will have global responsibility for specific categories, commodities and services on behalf of Jaguar Land Rover. You will utilise your experience to analyse, define, and implement commercial and sourcing strategies for your designated product areas, including make vs buy vs collaborate decisions.
This role will see you lead the sourcing or collaborative activity through the contracting process, supported by in-market teams providing regional market intelligence and expertise. You will be expected to maintain ongoing relationship management, including regular business reviews, ensuring the relationships deliver quality, delivery, cost, innovation and responsiveness requirements, are aligned to programme or project timing plans, and that the product meets end stakeholder expectations.
You will work closely with the in-market teams and engage with specialists within the Global Purchasing function as required to ensure optimum value creation and delivery for Jaguar Land Rover.
The role requires a high level of interaction with internal stakeholders and external suppliers. You will be expected to maintain for the successful commercial and contractual completion of sourcing projects and for developing and establishing a pipeline of sourcing activities in line with contract expiry dates, potential cost saving opportunities and new investment projects. The successful candidate will need to be a flexible team player, with good communication skills and a high degree of commercial acumen.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Strategy & Sourcing:
* Having ownership for Strategic Category Plan (SCP) creation and delivery
* Delivering sourcing in line with policy and to targets through the Global Sourcing Process (GSP) and deploying Total Cost of Ownership approach
* Leading complex supplier negotiations including legal and financial approval pre-Contract / Purchase Order, engaging specialist teams and Global Purchasing Finance
* Delivering against savings programme targets
Contract & Supplier Relationship Management
* Working with Stakeholders and Finance to operate the contract management governance
* Managing dispute resolution process
* Change management of the contracts and Purchase Orders
* Asisst financial reconciliation activities, as required
* Contract audit/reviews in line with requirements
* Ensuring the Supplier Relationship Management and Supplier Performance Management processes are carried out effectively
* Take ownership for organising and conducting the Supplier business reviews, capture the minutes and actions and work with suppliers and internal stakeholders to complete the actions
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment. You should be degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred as well as having commercial Awareness and Negotiation skills. Another requirement for this role is to identify category management principles.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Strategic thinking
* Global business understanding and experience
* Operational Contract Management experience
* Relationship management - internal and external
* Category knowledge and demonstrated experience
* Flexibility and agility to be able to adjust to changing business needs
* Experience of stakeholder operational deployment / requirements of category (e.g. has worked in the stakeholder area of the specific category)
* Category knowledge and demonstrated experience
* Previous supplier experience within category
* Experience in drafting contract documents required for the establishment of business content elements, e.g. SOWs, LOAs, SLAs etc
* Relevant professional qualification