WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Lead Engineer to join the Body CAE team, developing new crash CAE techniques, addressing future challenges in vehicle concept design, and finding solutions to ever stricter crash performance requirements.
This role provides the opportunity to have a significant influence on the development of Jaguar Land Rover products and processes.
It will require an enquiring analytical mindset, a solid grasp of engineering principles, and sound CAE skills.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Lead the development of tools and techniques that enhance our crash CAE capability
* improve the quality and robustness of crash CAE models
* Guide the development of automotive systems using engineering knowledge and experience, combined with CAE expertise, to meet stringent crash performance targets
* Apply product knowledge and awareness of potential design constraints (packaging, manufacturing etc.) to ensure design solutions are feasible and realistic
* Interact effectively with component design teams and other internal and external stakeholders to develop and optimise solutions considering multiple attributes within defined deadlines and time constraints
Present at reviews with key stakeholders including component design teams, crash attribute teams, vehicle concept teams Mentor and train junior team members and graduates
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
Significant experience and background in solving complex technical challengesAn analytical, enquiring mindsetExtensive knowledge and experience of crash or closely related CAE methodologies Experience of component/system level development to meet challenging performance targets Proven ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholdersRelevant degree or equivalent experience
Project and people management skills