AWS Platform/Infrastructure Engineer
About The Team
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an agile development and support environment supporting one of our key products used by a major international client. Your be involved in supporting and extending an AWS cloud based platform hosting an enterprise scale set of applications used by thousands of users globally.
You will work alongside team members based both in Malaysia and around the world to ensure the continued smooth operation and extension of the platform. This role will require the working of UK shift patterns and potentially on-call rotas for which there will be additional remunerations.
What You Will Be Doing
- Triage customer raised defects to debug platform related issues
- Develop familiarity with the existing AWS Platform orchestration and its CI/CD implementation
- Extend the AWS platform to support new environments including supporting data migration activities
- Implement Docker and containerisation technologies to improve cloud hosting efficiencies and stability
- Debug and extend existing cloud based networking infrastructure
- Work effectively with our UK based stakeholders
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problems
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Diagnose and solve functional and performance/scalability issues
- Work with the AWS cloud platform to further extend infrastructure automation and monitoring
What We Are Looking For
- At least 2 years' experience doing similar roles to that described above
- Someone willing to be part of an on-call rota for production issues
- Demonstrate the ability to learn on the job, acquire new skills as required and put these to effective use.
- Ability to fully assess the impact of changes on existing platform environments
- Experience working with Linux based OS including automation using tools such as bash scripting
- Experience of infrastructure automation tools such as ansible
- Knowledge of “infrastructure as code” concepts and technologies
Key project technical areas:
- AWS Services - EC2, ECS, Fargate, Amazon RDS, API Gateway, Cloudfront
- Programming Languages – Groovy, Linux Bash, Python (Lambda functions), MySQL
- Technologies – Bash, Jenkins, Docker
- Java knowledge an advantage and may provide opportunities to work on application development
What We Offer
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 18 days holiday a year (increases to 21 after 5 years’ service)
- You will be working a UK shift pattern (5pm – 2am MY time). You will have additional allowances for working these hours,
- We support hybrid working and give flexibility to teams to decide on the balance between remote and office based working
- Our benefits package include private family medical cover, dental, optical, maternity (4 months), paternity (2 weeks) & study leave
- We also offer home working allowances and EPF contributions for both local and expatriate staff
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career and is something we will support with funded training and certification pathways
- You’ll be part of our annual bonus and share scheme in addition to our annual pay review with guaranteed Fixed Pay Allowance
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.