Applications will ONLY be considered for candidates who are eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
We are looking to appoint a Technical Proposal Writer to join our team based in Portchester, Hampshire. The Technical Proposal Writer will play a prime role in the generation of the technical elements of bids and proposals as well as other related documentation in support of Business Development and Product Management.
The position is ideal for an individual with very strong attention to detail and a genuine interest and understanding within engineering. Good communication skills are critical as this role will involve close collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders across Engineering, Business Development, Sales and Marketing and Operations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Production, maintenance, update and verification of technical documentation
- Support to Business Development and Sales by developing the technical elements of assigned bids and proposals
- Support to Product Management by developing capability definitions and product datasheets
- Working closely with all the relevant teams across the business to understand the technology, products and services.
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Leading & Communicating
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Building Capability for All
- Delivering at Pace
- Managing a Quality Service
- Achieving Commercial Outcomes
- Contribution to bids and proposals
- The ability to produce and deliver high quality, well formatted technical documentation.
- A particular attention to detail in the production of written and published material.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Some engineering exposure, ideally with some form of qualification and/or technical experience in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Use of graphics/image editing software (e.g Adobe Photoshop) for photo manipulation.
- Previous experience operating small boats (sail/power).
- Some understanding of working with technical requirements
Benefits: In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a range of flexible benefits including:
- Auto Enrolment Retirement Savings Plan (up to 7% employer contribution)
- Group Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance and Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and holiday buy/sell
- Discounts with travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- Free mortgage advice
- Plus, a range of other flexible benefits