Applications will ONLY be considered for candidates who are eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
We are looking for Integration Engineer to join our rapidly expanding software and control systems team. Our team is responsible for developing a broad range of software solutions across a broad range of vehicles, technologies, and customer systems.
Our control system is vertically integrated, so all successful candidates have broad opportunities to develop software solutions for user interaction, hardware & device interfacing, control & mission orchestration, situation awareness, sensor fusion, and data science & analytics; to administer and maintain our build systems and infrastructure; and to design and implement IP network and other comms solutions.
Integration Engineers are responsible for bringing a range of software, networking, and hardware components together to build and deliver first-in-class control system solutions to our internal and external customers. Excellent problem-solving skills are essential to investigate any reasons why systems may not work first time. Once assembled, tested, and proved, they are responsible for ensuring excellent configuration control is maintained throughout the process, and for developing documentation for production teams to use to build subsequent vessels.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Packaging, installation, and verification of software components and device configurations.
- Configuration management and version control of vessel configuration, in-line with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) practices as far as practical.
- Conduct all testing and verification required for first-in-class vessels, proving system functionality and producing appropriate commissioning plans for on-going vessel production.
- Fault-find and diagnose system issues that do not meet the intended design goals, raising suggestions as engineering changes, and providing engineering input as required.
- Contribute to project plans and schedules to enable software and hardware configuration deliveries against project objectives.
- Information gathering, analysis, and investigation of solutions to tackle project issues as and when they arise.
- Work with customers, sales, engineering teams, and other appropriate areas of the business to assist in defining and breaking down detailed requirements.
- Production of and contribution into technical documentation.
- Support factory, harbour, and sea customer acceptance trials.
- Dealing with the unique challenges that arise in the emerging area of autonomous boats.
- Contribute to software / integration / business strategy and investment path
- Contribute to wider software and integration activities and programmes
- Providing specialist advice to clients in specific areas
- Experience with Electrical and/or Mechanical engineering
- Comfortable being “hands on” and working with tools (e.g., background as a fitter)
- Excellent cross-functional fault-finding skills
- Strong willingness to constantly learn new systems and tools
- Electrical, Mechanical, or Network fitting background
- Experience integrating hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems
- Experience installing, diagnosing, and maintaining Ethernet networks
- Experience with CAN buses and devices
- Exposure to the Linux operating system with some Bash experience
- Some exposure to Python or a willingness to learn
Benefits: In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a range of flexible benefits including:
- Auto Enrolment Retirement Savings Plan (up to 7% employer contribution)
- Group Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance and Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and holiday buy/sell
- Discounts with travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- Free mortgage advice
- Plus, a range of other flexible benefits
About L3Harris ASV Portchester: We are redefining the way the world works at sea with industry leading autonomous boat technology. We specialise in the design, manufacturing and operation of autonomous boats and control systems.
As the maritime industry’s autonomy partner of choice, we are powering the Royal Navy’s adoption of autonomous surface vehicle (ASV) technology as well as delivering autonomous capability to UK ports and harbours and offshore energy service providers. We have delivered more than 100 ASV systems.
Our success is due to the people we employ; if you are smart, adaptable, highly productive, a team player and relish the challenge that comes with solving difficult problems then L3Harris ASV is for you.
We take pride in the quality of our products, and we encourage our employees to take ownership and personal responsibility. Our goal is to provide an accessible work environment that empowers our teams to tackle complex problems. We value the best ideas, whether from an intern or a lead, and every individual can have a significant impact on our success
Further information: All of our roles require successful candidates to undergo and maintain a Baseline Personnel Security Standard and/or United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) to obtain a Security Check (SC) without restrictions. In some instances Developed Vetting (DV) may be required. Please note that in the event that the required clearance cannot be obtained you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.