National Security Manchester Overview
The National Security business in Manchester is growing and there are an increasing number of opportunities to work with a range of National Security clients to provide solutions that have a real impact.
Be part of a growing team that not only delivers for its clients but also gives back to the community with plenty of opportunities to get involved with local community engagement and outreach activities to help build tech and cyber skills in the region.
We are looking for experienced Cloud Engineers to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK Government sector.
What background we are looking for:
- You must be skilled in a range of AWS services, and show a keenness to keep up to date with the latest releases
- Experience using Infrastructure as Code, for example, Terraform, Cloudformation or CDK
- Have used configuration management tools e.g. puppet, chef, ansible etc
- Understanding of networking and how that translates to software defined networking in the cloud
- Experience in container orchestration systems, for example Kubernetes, ECS or Openshift
- Proficiency in scripting in at least 1 language e.g. Python, Bash, Go
- AWS certifications desired although not essential, we can provide opportunity for you to go through training courses and get certified in AWS.
What you could be doing for us:
- Designing and building cloud-native architectures
- Using Terraform or CDK to deploy resources
- Infrastructure creation and management and design
- Liaising with key stakeholders, internal and external
- Create exemplar implementation patterns to projects (i.e. provide a standard Puppet script that will create a single AWS server with some CM)
- Managing and controlling the software configuration for projects including the source repository
- Leveraging many AWS security features and ensuring security best practices with developers
- For Senior Engineers there will be an opportunity for you to lead teams or individuals
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career and we provide a range of excellent training courses to enable you to upskill in a given technology
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.