BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) aircraft and train RSAF and Royal Saudi Naval Force personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons.
BAE Systems Saudi Arabia is committed to supporting the Saudi Arabian National Agenda including Saudisation and the training and development of Saudi National capability through the growth of the Saudi National Partner Companies thereby reinforcing Industrialisation and Partnerships.
The Job Holder is primary responsible as the Safety Manager for supporting KFAB (King Faisal Airbase) Training Service Director. The Safety Manager is responsible in the design, implementation and governance of the Safety & Environmental Management System (SEMS) for safe operations.
This includes specific responsibility for the management of an up to date Safety & Environmental Management Plan, which provides a suite of relevant procedures and processes that demonstrate the implementation of the wider Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS).
As the most senior Safety and Environmental representative at project, the Job Holder will be required to provide guidance to all areas of the project's operation to ensure that all safety risks associated with operations meet the safety and environmental requirements within the timescales, quality standards and budgets set for the project.
The job holder will represent BAE Systems Saudi Arabia on all safety matters relating to KFAB’s operations including management of project's interfaces with the Customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
The Job Holder will be required to hold a level of Delegated Engineering Responsibility from the job holder will ensure that the appropriate level of Safety & Environmental Management processes, standards and assurance activities are applied effectively across the contracted operation. As such, the Job Holder will be the Prime Point of Contact on all Safety& Environmental Management issues at project level effecting BAES SA
- Develop and facilitate Safety and Environment Management System (SEMS).
- Act as the safety management primary point of contact with all safety stakeholders, internal stakeholders, MODSAP, Customer, and suppliers and subcontractors.
- Produce and maintain the Safety and Environmental Management Plan.
- Manage the requirements of the Safety and Environmental Management Systems are effectively managed and implemented with the complete operation.
- Ensure the Safety Management tool (SafeTal) is effectively maintained and managed.
- Ensure that mitigations have been implemented / facilitated by direct reports.
- Manage all safety risks and quality issues identified within KFAB and to be continually assessed, consistently managed, and appropriately escalated to assure the overall safe operations.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and significant near misses are investigated, measures to prevent reoccurrences are identified and implemented, and the learning outcome communicated appropriately.
- Manage a Safety Programme Plan (SPP) (schedule) capturing all safety management activities, with progress reported on a monthly basis.
- Effectively manage all external audits / assessments are planned and any corrective actions are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage the effective implementation of the BAE Systems Saudi Arabia Safety & Environmental policies, mandates, processes and procedures.
- Manage the production of a set of maturity matrix reflecting the maturity of SEMS and Safety Culture.
- Ensure that the Safety Management System is deployed as defined by customer, contractual and legislative requirements
- Meeting the Product Safety Competency Framework Requirement for Product Safety Practitioner level.
- Manage the production of Hazard Log, including conducting formal hazard risk assessments and continually review the Hazard Log, including any mapping into the Risk and Opportunity Log.
- Manage and support the safe introduction and integration of new capabilities.
- Secretariat over the Project Safety & Environmental Committee (PSEC).
- Chair Hazard Management Meetings (HMMs).
- Manage and support the relevant Safety Action Groups (SAG), as required.
- Provide support to KFAB Training Service Director in their involvement in the Customer's Safety Reviews.
- Manage the compilation of LCM/ELC Safety documentation, as required.
- Manage the required Safety Management processes and procedures in line with Safety and Environment Management processes and procedures.
- Manage the production of the Safety Argument, and Safety Justification.
- Manage the production of the Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Support the Enterprise Project Safety & Environmental Committee, as required.
- Ensure safety management documentations are appropriately configured and controlled.
- Identify, form and maintain strong working networks with the key stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Encourage all personnel within through appropriate personal behaviours to foster a "just culture" and take steps to proactively communicate safety concerns and issues.
- Able to provide guidance and advice on all aspects of Safety and Environmental Management Systems. Identify and ensure the safety training requirements are identified, captured, and appropriately managed.
- Day to day direction of direct reports to ensure that the appropriate safety, environmental and quality standards are adhered to within.
- Ensure that appropriate safety objectives are flowed down and met by direct reports.
- Ensure the consistent delivery and completion of mandated BAE Systems Saudi Arabia Safety awareness training across.
- Support regular reviews of SHE across the project.
- Comply with all other responsibilities listed for 'All Employees'.
- Complete BAES SA mandated training courses e.g. "Health & Safety for Senior Managers" etc.....
- Complete any specialist training, as defined by line manager or within your PDR
- Prime Contracting Experience Knowledge of BAES business in KSA and KSA culture
- Extensive Product Safety & Environmental Engineering company/industry knowledge, managing significant and diverse Safety & Environmental Engineering activities, across several phases of the engineering lifecycle. Customer and Supplier relations experience
- Understanding of RSAF organisational structure and regulatory frameworks with regards to safety, environment and airworthiness.
- Significant knowledge and experience in the application of external regulations or standards (e.g. Part 145 part M, Def-Stan 00-56, Def-Stan 00-970, PUWER (1998), HSE (1974) and RIDDOR (1995) etc...) applicable to the operation and continuing airworthiness of an Officer& Aircrew Training service.
- Manage safety programme plan for a multi-faceted project.
- Understands the hazards and level safety risk likely to be present in a supplier's product / service and is able to formally assess and challenge the supplier's mythology for demonstration and compliance with safety requirements.
- An awareness and experience of the independent safety assessment process and its application.
- An awareness of availability, reliability and maintainability requirements used within a continuing airworthiness organisation.
- Educated to Honours degree level. Preferably with Chartered Engineer status or educated to an MSc level within a safety related discipline but not essential. Experience of the development and implementation of Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Practical experience in one or more of the following systems: aircraft maintenance, airworthiness, an aircrew training service provision. Experience of Hazard Management and Risk Assessment.
- Experience of aerospace product and support design and development activities through qualification, acceptance and service delivery
- Experience of the development and application of engineering process, organisational design, functional governance.
- Experience and knowledge in the production of safety justifications and the management of the production of safety evidence.
- Practical experience and knowledge of the LCM and ELC process, handbooks and guides
- Experience in Human Factors and its applicability to Safety Engineering process and provide a small amount of guidance where necessary
- Experience and knowledge in the production of safety justifications and the management of the production of safety evidence
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills with an ability to apply innovative thinking to problem solving.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed. On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions. We employ a skilled workforce of 89,600 people in more than 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture, and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people, and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.