We are looking for someone who will lead our architectural vision for a variety of digital projects being delivered for Jaguar Land Rover in Gaydon, contributing to the strategic direction of the technology and solutions delivered.
This role sits within the Jaguar Land Rover engineering centre in Gaydon, Warwickshire and will focus on the software architecture for various elements of our Remote Connected Vehicle Diagnostics system and products.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The role is responsible for:
● Acting as the architectural authority elements of our Remote Connected Vehicle Diagnostics system
● Production of solution architectures for components of the off-board elements of the digital platform
● Work closely with the software engineers to ensure implementable architectures can be created
● Implement and work with Technical Design Authorities
● Manage architectural risk across their architecture domain
● Assisting in choice of technology solutions in the support of the domain
● Assuring high quality, fit for purpose, solution designs, which meet functional and non-functional requirements
● Continually exploring and sharing technology opportunities that will improve the physical architecture and help drive further value for the business, defining and evolving reference architectures and design patterns that drive standardisation, architectural reuse and architecture development productivity
● Providing subject matter expertise on deployed application technologies to guide the business on how and where technology can be used to address key business processes and emerging requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Solid experience as practitioner in the role of Solution Architect or equivalent
Previous experience being accountable for overall systems architecture for one or more projects
Experience of Automotive Diagnostics, vehicle embedded software development and a thorough understanding of automotive diagnostic specifications and implementation would be highly advantageous
Technical Skills - Experience of: Java, Cloud Technologies (AWS/GCP), API's, Microservices architectures, Real-time data and stream processing, Security, Data (Relational/No-SQL)
Proven track record of working with anything related to cloud solutions
Used to working in agile/DevOps driven software development environment
Experience within Automotive engineering environment, preferably within diagnostics or embedded SW development
Methods - Strong exposure to Agile/Scrum based methodologies
Proven track record in delivering/governing appropriate solutions integrating cross technology solutions covering a variety of technologies.
Ability to demonstrate delivery of pragmatic solutions that balance project / programme constraints against strategic direction and, as required, successfully reach agree compromise with stakeholders.
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We're already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We're doing more than dream, we're creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come