WHAT TO EXPECT
In this role, working within Vehicle Dynamics, you will be a Product Owner for steering and handling metrics development and objective testing.
As a product owner you will be a customer and business facing member of the objective test squad. You will prioritise vehicle steering and handling tests, identify and prioritise test methods and metrics that need technical development and liaise with departments and functions outside of the objective test squad to ensure that squad's equipment, facilities or software needs are met.
As a squad member you will be testing a range of Jaguar Land Rover and competitor vehicles, including collecting, processing and disseminating data to deliver leadership in vehicle dynamics against world-class competition.
To be successful, the candidate will need to possess a high level of drive and leadership, be capable of independent working to tight deadlines, and display both business and technical acumen.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Own vision for the scope covered by the squadBe a decision maker for squad priorities balancing vehicle development test work and technical methods, metrics and tools development work based on business and customer impactRegularly align with stakeholders and customers to understand their needsHelp squad understand customer needsIdentify minimal viable products for methods, metrics and tools development activitiesContinuously review data from deployed solutionsSupport agile ceremonies as Product OwnerRun vehicle steering and handling tests in support of programme demandsSupport metric development testing and codingLiaise with wider business, including purchasing and finance, to ensure squad needs are met * Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Previous experience of operating in agile scrum methodology
* Proven vehicle or rig test experience
* Practical experience of vehicle test data post-processing techniques
* Hands-on experience of vehicle instrumentation
* Project and test plan management skills
* Proven knowledge of vehicle dynamics
* Full UK or equivalent driving license
* Proven inter-personal communication/networking skills
* Previous experience as product owner
* Experience with data processing tools e.g. Matlab
* Engineering relevant degree qualification
* Vehicle dynamics subjective evaluation skills
* Previous experience of problem-solving tools e.g. Root Cause Analysis, 8 Disciplines of problem solving, Design of Experiments
* Experience with relevant virtual tools such as Simpack, Carmaker, Matlab/Simulink