The ORC PAT leader is responsible for target setting, attribute delivery & sign-off of Off-Road targets for all JLR products.
The role involves benchmarking of existing products & competitor vehicles, in addition to product and technology futuring to develop robust targets which are then cascaded to the wider business to help ensure delivery of the attribute targets. Target achievement is tracked throughout the programme and any issues resolved in conjunction with the component and system owners. Target and PAL's achievement is then confirmed to Marketing and the programme team as part of the final attribute sign-off.
This requires responsibility for project management of allocated vehicle programmes, reporting to senior management on the project status at regular milestone reviews & representing ORC team at gateway events. Target negotiation / attribute balancing needs to be conducted, as necessary. Support robust lobbying and support to other CoC's to ensure attribute targets are met. All reporting out to be completed within gateway timing requirements of project.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Defining and ensuring delivery of Off-Road capability attribute targets to meet customer and brand DNA expectations
* Ensure all Off-Road related hardware and features are robustly delivered and integrated to deliver class leading composure and integration.
* Using a combination of competitor intelligence, customer insight and quality data to inform future target setting activities and product positioning.
* Working with CoCs and other attributes to develop designs that provide the necessary vehicle architectural and design characteristics that deliver desired off-road performance.
* Define and execute test plans for development and validation of Off-Road targets to ensure robust "on time" delivery within the overall target spend against budget.
* Management of multi-functional teams to carry out the test plan - e.g. development of enhanced off-road capability will involve effective collaboration with teams from Powertrain - engines, transmissions, driveline, Chassis - integration, slip control systems, Electrical, Packaging & Design.
* Reporting to senior management on the project status at regular milestone reviews.
* Represent ORC team at gateway events. Carry out robust lobbying of CoC's to ensure attribute targets are met.
* Carrying out physical and virtual benchmarking analysis of competitor products and technologies.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge and experience
* Sound knowledge of whole vehicle systems especially in the area of chassis technology & powertrain system
* Good understanding and experience using customer requirement and targets management systems
* Fundamental understanding of Off-Road Fundamentals and technologies.
* Previous experience within technical engineering delivery role
* Use of vehicle CAN systems such as CANalyer & CANape to support diagnostics and off-road calibration.
* CAD skills for assessment of vehicle geometry.
* Application of CAE skills using tools such as Matlab, Simulink etc.
* Proven project and time management skills and able to work to a high standard with minimum supervision.
* Demonstrable people-management, team working, organisational and budget skills.
* Demonstrating a robust scientific approach with knowledge of design of experiments.
* Highly self-motivated engineer with proven communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills.
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* The ability to organise and conduct physical vehicle tests & evaluations.
* Agile delivery tools and techniques.
* Knowledge/experience of global market requirements and specific off-road customer / driver expectations