We are seeking an enthusiastic degree qualified engineer (or equivalent) to join a growing systems engineering team. This lead role will include the co-ordination of resources across the speciality Engineering Discaplines.
- Project Engineering
- Capture and Proposals
You will be required to facilitate the operation of the and allocation of the above teams in both resource management and process maintenance and governance. The role of Project Engineering is to provide the tools and support to a projects engineering leads to manage, plan and task the engineering team in accordance with the agreed baseline.
- Resource Planning: Utilising strategic and tactical resource profiles to determine the capabilities required to meet the business demand.
- Resource Allocation: Participating in resource allocation activities to negotiate distribution of the availiable team to meet conflicting business demands. Also involves defining any engineering overhead activities as a demand within resource management.
- Recruitment: Recruiting the correct balance of capabilities to align with the business demands. This may also require redundancy management should the demand be lower than the availiable resource.
- People Development: Ensuring that training and development of the team are achieved to both build capability and provide career development
- People Management: Responsible for sickness, performance reviews, performance management and compensation management.
- Budget Control: As a delegated authority of the Engineering management budget, this involves both the sign off of Speciality Engineering Elements and the monitoring of overhead bookings within the project engineering scope.
Process and Tools Management
- Process Generation: Responsible for the creation, maintenance and governance of the processes under sphere of control.
- Tools Management: Toolset owner for any tools used primarily by the Project Engineering Discaplines. Toolset ownership involves training in the use of the tool, along with maintenance and upkeep of tool updates and enhancements.
- Support to internal and external Audits
- Reports directly to the MAPPS UK Head of Engineering. Weekly Reports on the status of issues and changes within the discipline. Provides discapline input to the Senior Management Team.
- Functional Discapline: Additional participation in Divisional and Sector Functional (Project Engineering) working groups and management. This involves representing the Business unit or division in both the collection of information and providing feedback and participation in sector decisions.
- Engineering Management Team: This role involves participation in the UK Engineering Management Team.
- Interacting with the BD Team
- Attendance at BD Meetings
- Capture Meetings
- Opportunities Meetings
- Interfacing to other business units for collaboration and support.
- Representation of the Engineering Management Team within an allocated Project.
- Holding the delegation from the head of Engineering for the governance and adaptation of the company process and procedure for the specified project.
- Technical Customer Interfacing on the project at senior levels.
- Provides Oversight and Guidence to the Technical Manager(s) on the allocated project.
- Design Review Chairman for major project components.
- Leading Proposals
- Co-ordination of proposal Generation and collation of all the engineering inputs.
- Proposal Support:
- Support to the WBS creation
- Generation of supporting documents (Management Plans, Questionaires, discipline specific sections of the proposals)
- Estimation of Speciality Engineering Activites
- Business Development activities- including
- Conference attendance
- External Interfacing at working groups
- Leading Strategic Pursuit Activities
- Continuous Improvement: This role will at times be responsible for the oversight of Continuous improvement activities including E3 Projects and IRAD developments
Knowledge, Skills And Experience:
- Equivalent of Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience working on complex engineering projects;
- Overall knowledge of the processes and product of the represented discaplines
- Knowledge of general engineering principals and the interfaces between these and the speciality engineering processes.
- Excellent planning, communications, and co-ordination skills;
- Excellent IT skills;