WHAT TO EXPECT:
The Electric Drive Unit cooling and lubrication (EDU C&L) engineering team is responsible for the design, development, and engineering sign-off of all Jaguar Land Rover EDU cooling and lubrication components to deliver the required cooling and lubrication for the EDU system at desired efficiency level.
The role would be as a Component(s) Design and Release D&R Lead Engineer based in EDU C&L teams to develop new technologies within EDU. Reporting to a team leader, The D&R lead engineer is responsible for working in cross-functional teams (design, analysis, manufacturing, validation, purchasing, and suppliers) and delivering all engineering design, verification, and launch activities. The role demands strong technical, commercial and leadership skills combined with a versatile approach to changing circumstances within programmes and an ability to manage conflicting priorities between programmes in a positive and proactive manner.
Delivering within the programme time frame with clear direction and demonstrating a clear appreciation of attributes and programme deliverables on quality, cost, weight, and function are critical aspects of the design and release engineer's role.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
* To manage product development processes and deliver according to component creation and delivery system (CCDS) on EDU systems and C&L components.
* To lead and coordinate cross-functional CCDS team including purchasing, design, validation, STA, supplier, and manufacturing to ensure all APQP deliverables are fulfilled with agreed status by the CCDS team.
* To lead the design direction and decision making on behalf of Product Development for EDU C&L systems (e.g. Pump, Valve, HEX, piping, etc) - reporting to the Group Leader.
* Delivery to the programme gateways by achieving quality, cost, timing, function and weight requirements.
* To demonstrate precision, control and integrity for the development of your component using Evidence-Based Engineering Report EBER.
* To manage and coordinate validation of your component in accordance with Technical Compliance Plan in an agile work environment.
* To manage and own failure mode avoidance including the foundation documents such as DFMEA, Quality History report, P-Diagram as well as Prevent Recurrence actions.
* To support technical integration and proactively engage with other departments in the resolution of issues. To lead problem resolution for key technical issues using a problem-solving approach (e.g. the 8D process)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Degree in mechanical, electro-mechanical or automotive engineering with knowledge of cooling and lubrication system and components.
* Understanding of design and validation principles on the EDU system and components.
* Ability to apply product development tools & techniques
* Knowledge in the management and application of CAD design techniques.
* Ability to communicate and report component design and delivery status in the technical forum.
* Ability to act in an entrepreneurial environment and be resourceful and resilient to the changing demands of the business
* Experienced in Tooling release
* Strong leadership skills
* In-depth knowledge of oil pumps, heat exchanger or breather systems
* Experience of delivering engineering solutions from concept to product launch (outside of Automotive considered) including solutions to current engineering and quality issues.
* Technical experience in electrified vehicle components/systems
* Working knowledge of project management skills
* Understanding of Agile working methods
* Familiar with EBER, RMDV/DOORS/SSCD, DFMEA
* Familiar with PCDS vs4, CCDS, APQP
* Six sigma/ Green Belt