Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary:
Up to 55k DOE + Bonus + BenefitsHybrid working pattern:
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The Opportunity:
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Electro-Optical Seekers & Sensors Department as an Electro-Optical Design Engineer.
We are responsible for supporting MBDA's complex weapon programmes through the provision of specialist Electro-Optical support. Depending on the programme this will vary from specification and assessment through to delivery and support. We also lead and conduct industry-leading cutting-edge R&D activities to support future emerging programmes.
The nature of the work is varied and dynamically changing. You will work within a highly skilled and expert team that will support you in delivering our commitments. We will work with you to develop your skill, knowledge and experience, as well as supporting your professional development, all while ensuring a work-life balance.
The successful applicant will join our specialist design team working with our customers and stakeholders, conducting specialist optical design activities for our electro-optical systems.What we're looking for from you:
- Experience in designing and developing imaging Electro-Optical systems, using optical design tools such as Zemax or equivalent.
- Understanding of Electro-Optical radiation, propagation and detection principles, in particular in the infra-red wave-bands.
- Have a proven track record of on time delivery particularly in a dynamic working environment.
- Able to engage with a broad range of partners and forge strategic technical relationships.
- Be adaptable, self-starting and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
What to expect:
- Usage of Engineering Tools such as IBM DOORS, Rhapsody, Matlab and Simulink.
- Designing optical and mechanical elements within CAD tools like - PTC Creo.
- Design and develop laser systems.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information!
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!