WHAT TO EXPECT
Here at Jaguar Land Rover, we have an opportunity for a talented Engineering Software Manager to lead the team who will be delivering the 27MY powertrain projects; specifically, the software and calibration integration.
There are 2 main aspects to the role, firstly in your capacity as a leader you will get to support others in their career and personal development. Secondly as a technical integration leader, you will work with your Integration Lead Engineers, Software Leaders and Lead Calibrators to set the direction for the rest of the department, leading on the delivery of Powertrain Control Module and Transmission Control Module Driveline projects.
As we transition to an Agile organisation, this role will evolve but the elements of technical leadership and people development will remain.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the integration of Powertrain Control Module (PCM), Transmission Control Module (TCM) and Driveline Controls software on Jaguar Land Rover 27MY Programmes.
* Project tracking and escalation using Jaguar Land Rover Metrics
* Managing a calibration Database via our CRETA calibration tool (CRETA can be trained)
* Relationship and budgetary management of software suppliers
* Driving common process across the team to lead the integration activity
* Development of the team organisation and skillsets therein
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* The ability to deliver calibration and controls projects
* Excellent knowledge of powertrain systems
* Experienced in project delivery throughout entire lifecycle
* Experience in managing software projects
* Knowledge of project management tools, including AGILE & JIRA
* In addition, you will need leadership qualities that inspire others to want to work with you and for you plus enviable relationship management skills that foster best in class working relationships