WHAT TO EXPECT :
Road Load Data is part of the Engineering Laboratories team working within the Engineering Operations business unit.
Road Load Data (RLD) supports multiple CoC's with the provision of design and performance in-vehicle measurements. The department has its own range of measurement and test facilities which are used to measure and verify; vehicle, commodity and system level targets/requirements. Within this role you will prepare and test prototype vehicles mainly within the UK but we also use European proving grounds. This team requires fitter/testers who are biased towards the careful and precise application of mechanical and electrical fitting
WHAT YOU'LL NEED :
* Some parts of the job entail the preparation of vehicles with transducers and instrumentation which measure acceleration, load, displacement, pressure and temperature.
* You will be a key part of our department manufacturing/calibrating strain gauge transducers and supporting other laboratory based activities.
* Beyond the vehicle preparation/transducer production, you will be expected to assist in the measurement of data on public roads and proving grounds both here and occasionally overseas.
* Working on all aspects of motor vehicle, from initial prototypes to through to series production.
* Reporting of relevant information and findings.
* Perform daily tasks allocated by a group leader/test engineer to support the testing activities in the facilities.
* Application of Health and Safety within the facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience :
* Mechanical/Electrical apprenticeship
* Understanding of electrical & mechanical systems
* Prepared to support measurement activity including fitting resource and technical support
* Demonstrate understanding of measurement process and associated tools & techniques
* Demonstrate some understanding of PCDS and gateway delivery and the need to comply with its timings
* Do you have NVQ Level 3 Apprenticeship or Level 3 City & Guilds or Craftsman's Certificate ?
* A full UK driving licence with less than 6 penalty points, no disqualification and 2 years accident-free record.
* Strong knowledge and experience of working on prototype vehicles, engines and transmissions.
* Background in quality standards and their importance.
* Experience in Strain Gauge or material testing
* Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements, Risk Assessment, COSHH and QS.