WHAT TO EXPECT
Jaguar Land Rover are looking to offer an Engineer the opportunity to support our Powertrain division with a specific focus on Air Intake Systems for our combustion engines.
This is lead role where you gain exposure to coordinating the design, development, testing and introduction of the Air Intake Systems on to new and existing platforms drawing on the support of the Technical Specialists, CAD Engineers and Peers within the team.
The role requires the successful individual to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time whilst leading the technical content and integrity of specific components and systems across specific programmes.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS)
* Own and work with the supplier and STA to deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
* Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and work with the supplier in support of delivery of the programme milestones
* Support Pre-production builds, managing vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
* Resolve integration issues working with other engineering functions and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets
* Ensure all programme design solutions meet
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* The successful applicant will have experience of overseeing the delivery of a component from the design phase through to ensuring the supplier can produce and deliver on time.
* Basic combustion engine knowledge and exposure to project management methodologies.
* You will also need a full driver's licence to travel to various Jaguar Land Rover manufacturing sites across the UK.
* Knowledge of Air Intake systems,
* MS PowerPoint and Excel
* You will be a good communicator
* A natural proactive style
* Agile working practice knowledge