WHAT TO EXPECT
Within Body-Chassis, the Subframe Engineering team is responsible for design, validation and release of Subframes for Jaguar Land Rover products from initial concept to product launch.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Subframe model creation and standard analysis
* Working across steel and aluminium subframes
* Results collation, processing and reporting
* Correlation to physical component test data
* Incorporation of material characterisation data
* Investigation of alternative modelling methodologies
* Identification of controlling parameters and model sensitivities
* Enhance generic loads to capture semi-analytical RLD identified issues
* Documentation and updating of processes
* Continuous process improvement
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Abaqus, Hyperworks and n-code experience
* Meshing of complex structures for FEA in both shell and solid tetra
* Weld connection generation with Shell and Solid elements
* Durability analysis in Abaqus solver
* Knowledge of structural component design (ideally of fabricated, cast, pressed metal components and assemblies).
* Experience of component design to deliver performance attributes (durability, stiffness, NVH, weight, cost)
* Effective communication and team working skills.
* Exposure to Fatigue methods & RLD assessment is added advantage.
* Experience with AVA tools
* Experience with Optimisation tools
* Candidates will ideally be educated to degree level.
* Knowledge of chassis suspension
* Experience in component rig validation and interpreting data
* Experience in managing a varied workload across numerous programmes.
* Ability to lead, guide and inform other engineers
* Ability to use data to drive decisions and make contributions to discussions at all levels.
* Experience of determining and setting technical direction.
* Microsoft skills, excel, power point, etc