An opportunity has arisen for a Team Manager – Planning and Wayleaves, based at our offices at Hinckley. The Team Manager will report to the Distribution Manager with responsibility for delivering the Planning & Wayleave activities for the Coventry & Warwickshire distribution area.
They create a clear vision, set clear expectations, recognise excellent performance and positively support colleagues’ professional development. They ensure colleagues are empowered to work with competence, confidence and professionalism within a diverse environment. The Team Manager leads a culture where collaboration, customer focus, innovation and mutual trust is high.
*Please note the successful candidate will initially be appointed to the advertised salary. Progression to a higher salary may be available, subject to meeting specified knowledge, skills and competencies. These include:
- Engineering Level 4 qualification or relevant business management qualification.
- IOSH or equivalent safety qualification
- Completion of a safe guarding course
- Mental resilience course
If you are offered a position, you will be required to complete and provide a satisfactory basic DBS check that shows any unspent convictions or conditional cautions.
Through successful leadership, you will be responsible for:-
- Organisation and provision of planning schemes for all aspects of New Business and Capital projects
- Organisation and provision of Wayleave specialist resource for New Business, Capital, Faults, I & M work streams
- Creation of schemes for construction, reinforcement, alteration and replacement of assets in accordance with Engineering Directives within a specified location.
- Identify future network investment opportunities on the distribution network
You will successfully deliver team and personal performance expectations
- Build and maintain a safety culture which enables a safe working environment validated through site safety inspections.
- Support the team to deliver a high level of customer service at all times and achieve all customer service related performance targets.
- Set clear direction and expectations. Ensure team members clearly understand what needs to be done, why, when and by whom. Review progress against expectation and take appropriate action to ensure delivery of results.
- Ensure shared ownership for teams’ goals and objectives, and delivery in accordance with expectation. Recognise excellent performance and celebrate success.
- Continuously reflect on work undertaken and performance of team to identify and implement improvements.
- Build a trusting team environment, where all are equally welcomed and valued. Be authentic, support colleagues’ well-being and create excellent lines of communication.
- Proactively support colleagues’ physical and mental health, through both a reactive response when situations occur, and pro-actively to support a healthy working environment.
- Support the development of a diverse working environment within which colleagues are developed and their potential is maximised. Provide constructive feedback.
- Speak on behalf of the Company and the team, both internally and externally, on issues that relate to own team’s activities.
- Within a continually changing working environment set a clear vision, lead and manage change effectively.
- Successfully manage costs and performance of work undertaken through the efficient management of the workforce aligned to the planning and wayleaves activities against internal and external targets e.g. Broad Measures, TTQ, and Customer Guarantees.
- Determine the annual tasks, resource requirements and prepare the annual programme, monitoring and updating as required
- Monitor tasks and expenditure to ensure working is undertaken within budget and in accordance with annual programme.
- Approve and monitor capital schemes, identify and comment on variances and take corrective action.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will hold a minimum qualification of either City and Guilds 2339 (Electrical Engineering) OR a relevant engineering or business management qualification.
We are looking for someone with leadership capability aligned to the expectation of the role, including an ability to empower and lead through others.
You must have a good understanding of the importance of building a positive work culture aligned to the future challenges of the business, as well as the changing electricity distribution operating environment and how that is reflected in leadership and the development of teams and their culture.
You will understand and be able to demonstrate how a diverse workforce will contribute to the future success of the business.
It is essential you can also demonstrate evidence of delivering results in accordance with, or exceeding expectations.
Finally the successful candidate will need to be mobile throughout the area as you may be required to undertake standby duties on a rota basis.